Handcent "Quick Text"

1. dave31175

dave31175 Well-Known Member

Is there any way to remove built-in "quick text" items from handcent? There are about 20 phrases that I will never ever use, and my additions way way down at the bottom of the list LOL

Advertisement
    :
  2. stainlessray

stainlessray Well-Known Member

Open Handcent
    menu\settings\application settengs\quick text settings\
    select radio boxes of messages you want to delete, select delete, confirm. DONE
    gandalfsmother, myko14 and dave31175 like this.
  3. dave31175

Thanks much! I must have looked right at that but still didn't see it!
  4. stainlessray

stainlessray Well-Known Member

i'm new to android, gotten a lot of help from others.... glad to be of help for a change. :D
  5. dave31175

:) I'm an android newbie myself -- quite thankful for the helpful community here!
  6. the8020rule

the8020rule New Member

I cannot find the path described above to delete, and ideally re-sequence "quick text" messages. I get to Settings, but cannot find Application Settings. I tried Applications as an alternative, but cannot find a Quick Text application. I have the HTC Incredible with Android 2.2. Can anyone offer any ideas on how to proceed?
  7. dave31175

If you're already viewing a message thread, with sms to and from a particular recipient, the menu options are different. You'll need to go back one screen to the list of contacts, then when you press "Menu", you should see "Settings" bottom center.
  8. the8020rule

the8020rule New Member

dave31175,
    Thanks for the guidance. I understand your message above, but I am still not finding a Quick Text setting. Let me show you exactly where I am, so you can suggest how to get from there to the Quick Text deletion function.

1. As I start I am looking at a message thread, all with one correspondent.
    2. I push the GO-BACK curved arrow on device. Isee a list of people withwhom I have sent and/or received messages. There are 7+ people on the screen. For each person, there is name, picture, number of messaes, title of most recent message, date of most recent message (e.g., Today or Tuesday).
    3. I push MENU button on device. Is see a small overlay screen section at the bottom of screen with the following choices:
    - Delete
    - New
    - Drafts
    - Push messages
    - Settings
    4. I select Settings on the overlay screen
    5. I see a long list of entries, as follows:

***Storage settings (I will use *** to signify a small font heading)
    Delete old mesages
    Text messge limit
    Multimedia message limit
    ***SMS settings
    Delivery reports
    Priority setting
    Send callback number
    Callback number

***MMS settings
    Delivery reports
    Auto-retrieve
    Priority setting
    Maximum message size
    Attachment storage
    Connection settings
    ***Received messages
    Received notification
    Play notification sound
    Notification sound
    Vibrate
    ***Sent messages
    Sent notification
    Failure notification
    Play notification sound
    Notification sound
    Vibrate
    ***Voicemail settings
    Attachment storage
    ***Voicemail notification settings
    Play notification sound
    Notification sound
    Vibrate

So at this point, I don't see "Application Settings", "Quick Text Settings" or anything else promising. What do you think?

Thanks again for your help.
  9. mklabove

mklabove New Member

The settings options you list are from the stock Messaging app, rather than Handcent.

Which program are you inquiring about?

Keith
    the8020rule likes this.
  10. dave31175

I was going to suggest that as well. The settings are not identical to what I see in the stock messaging app, but much closer to that than Handcent.
    the8020rule likes this.
  11. the8020rule

the8020rule New Member

Now we are getting somewhere! I had no idea what Handcent was. I am using the standard messaging app. Thanks for picking up on that. So far, the best I can do is edit the individual Quick Text entries, which is not pretty but gets the job done.
  12. dave31175

Phew, at least we got that much figured out! :)