Handcent resends old SMS messages randomlySupport

Last Updated:

1. Dem

Dem Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

Love Handcent, but it has a very annoying feature on my X10i. Randomly, it will resend an SMS many hours after it was originally sent (and definitely received by the recipient ). It normally manifests itself after a reboot, but, if I look in my undelivered folder when the phone is still running, there are often a few SMS in there trying to resend themselves, so its not just when I turn the phone off and back on. These are often messages that are a few entries old in a message thread, not the last one. Very annoying for the recipient when it lands at 3am!

I found that somebody on this forum with an HTC Incredible had the same problem, but no replies to their post.

I emailed the Handcent website and all I got back was "we will send you something new".... well, they didn't! lol

Cheers,

Dem.

Advertisement
  2. hendinas

hendinas New Member

hmm digging up an old thread here, but I have a similar bug with the stock android messaging app, On a desire Z, mine also tends to happen on a reboot, but can send messages from several months ago. Ive not checked my unsent folder. I do use SMS backup and restore, which may have something to do with it.

anyone know anything more on this problem??

3. beau420

beau420 Well-Known Member

Wrong section. This is in the Sony Xperia x10 section.

Can't help you. Never happened to me.

Create a new thread if you ever have a question or problem. Don't add on to a year old thread where a guy had a kind of similar problem.

I would suggest removing SMS backup and restore. I would also clean out my SMSs.

If you phone is getting full, it will act up