1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Handcent - Retrying sending text messages in poor signal area

Last Updated:

1. dhevans

dhevans Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I get a poor signal at home (did on my Nokia), so half the time when I send a text, there won't be a signal to send it. I always then go and put my phone in a place where there is a signal and leave it..
    With my Nokias, the phone would send it fairly quickly (usually within 10-15 minutes).

The message is still sat in Handcent with the whirling round icon next to it. If I copy the message, and resend it, whilst there's a signal, away it goes. I can't find any way to force the send when I want, and I left the resend in a signal area for 1hr 15 mins and it still hadn't sent..

Someone else has raised it on the handcent forum, has anyone else experienced this here, and have you gone back to the normal app, or Chomp or something else to fix it?

This is a pain for what seems to be an otherwise great app!

Advertisement
  2. SuperBaby

SuperBaby Well-Known Member

I have the same problem. Handcent simply doesn't resend. Another problem I noticed is when you choose an SMS to delete, it will delete another SMS. Very frequently I selected the correct SMS but the wrong one was deleted.

3. dhevans

dhevans Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've downloaded Chomp - this seems to cope with no signal better.

4. psychocandy

psychocandy Well-Known Member

Yeh. I get that problem with handcent. It doesnt fail to send allowing you to resend - it just gets stuck trying to send.

Might can it and go back to chompsms.

5. murphwiz

murphwiz Member

I'm having this issue To, real pain, assumed it hand resent when in signal was waiting for a callback!
    Any ideas?

6. Ghost Assassin

Ghost Assassin New Member

I have the same issue with poor reception in the house... I Got so fed up with Handcent... Tested Chomp out and it sent out the messages as soon as the phone picked up a signal...

Now I'm a happy ghost :D

Ghost Assassin

7. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Well-Known Member

I found handsent was doing this more and more and I have a good signal! Sometimes the message showed still sending when it had already sent and then when I would then try to resend people got multiples of them. I've switched to Go