Handcent screen orientation questionSupport

Last Updated:

1. darkcyber

darkcyber Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I really like Handcent for my text messaging, but I have one complaint or problem. When I receive a text message, Handcent will do a pop up on my X and let me do a quick response, without having to unlock my X (I like that). The problem that I have is that Handcent will only allow for portrait screen orientation in quick response mode. When I rotate my X Handcent will not rotate to landscape mode. Is this a bug in Handcent or is there a way to get it to rotate?

I cannot use those tiny keys in portrait mode to type a message:eek:

Advertisement
  2. groovejedi

groovejedi Active Member

I'm also having this problem and it's annoying. I have to close the popup message and then go into it manually in order to get the keyboard to switch to landscape mode. It would be great if there was a way around this.

On a related note, if I'm using my SlideIT keyboard, the portrait keyboard is really easy to swipe on but on some days I prefer to use the stock or other keyboards.

3. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

Open Handcent -> press menu button -> settings -> Notification settings -> Popup settings -> check "auto rotate"

Once you do that your pop up will rotate to portrait or landscape

4. chippy

chippy Well-Known Member

I have done this and it still doesn't sometimes. No pattern though. Weird, prob just a glitch.

5. darkcyber

darkcyber Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the tip!!!