Handcent sending 2 mmsSupport

Last Updated:

1. nybmx

nybmx Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm going to post this here first as this may be Galaxy S specific.
    I have handcent installed and love it. It's been working great. However tonight when I went to test out sending a picture to my girlfriends phone she received two copies of it. It shows up on my screen as me sending one, but on hers as if i did it twice in a row.
    What I suspect is that Handcent is sending one and the default messaging app is sending the other. When I open up either of them they both show the thread and show 1 picture sent. I've looked through all the menus in both apps and can't figure out what the problem is.
    Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. shortee611

shortee611 Member

Mine did the exact same thing today. I thought it was just me. Guess not.

3. nybmx

nybmx Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so I just tried again and it is working normally. I don't know what caused this issue. I haven't changed anything.
    If this is currently happening or has happened to anyone else feel free to bump this thread.

4. hyperlite

hyperlite Well-Known Member

This happens on every MMS i send. I love handcent! but i can't believe this hasn't been fixed.

5. Boldt

Boldt Well-Known Member

Happening with me also.

I never had the issue until 3.3.0 was released. I updated I think two times more and I still have the issue. On occasion I would receive duplicate texts while other times my wife would get two from me..... I removed it until its fixed, if its ever fixed.

6. GMArthur

GMArthur Active Member

It does this on mine as well. I'm loving handcent and don't want to uninstall. I'm going to try and contact the devs and see what they say.

7. lotreaglesfan

lotreaglesfan Well-Known Member

every other time i get a message i get 2-8 copies of the same thing :\

8. GMArthur

GMArthur Active Member

Just a quick update on my part. I did email the handcent guy and I will let you guys and gals know if I hear back from him.

I did figure out a workaround for those having problems sending 2 MMS but are OK sending SMS like myself. You can send the picture via the stock messenger app by going to the Gallery, touching the picture, touching the menu button, then touching share, and you choose to send with messaging. Doing it this way allows me to still get the great pop-up notifications on all my texts via handcent and still be able to send only 1 MMS if needed.

Hope this helps somebody.

9. bad808

bad808 New Member

I have exactly the same problem with my SE Mini Pro, sends 2 MMS to Mums phone, but using the original app, only one.

Keep us informed of any fix please

Cheers
    BADBOB

10. automagrt

automagrt Well-Known Member

Any update? It's still happening to me too. I've stopped using Handcent to send MMS because of this issue and because a lot of times it doesn't send. I just get the little swirly icon beside it forever and ever until I delete the picture and resend.

11. matt310

matt310 Active Member

I've noticed this happens when I'm sending an MMS while connected/connecting to WiFi. Which is weird since I didn't think MMSes were sent over WiFi, but disabling wireless stopped the duplication.

Irritating, for sure.

12. automagrt

automagrt Well-Known Member

Hmm, I'll have to see if that makes any difference. I don't believe they're sent over WiFi as the 3G icons always comes on when I go to send them even when I'm connected to WiFi.

13. zlod

zlod Member

did anyone ever get a solution for this at all?

thanks