Handcent settings backup?

Last Updated:

1. mik0r

mik0r Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to backup the Handcent settings? took me a couple hours to completely customize Handcent the way I wanted it and now if I upgrade to Froyo I'll lose all the settings. Titanium Backup doesn't backup anything but the application.

Advertisement
  2. MisterMixelpix

MisterMixelpix Well-Known Member

It backs up the application + data. Says so rather explicitly. I've flashed multiple ROMs and never lost my settings.

3. Sarosh79

Sarosh79 Active Member

same issue here, it was fine on Skyraider 2.5.2 but when I went to CM6 6.0.0 settings are gone and data gone too.

4. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

TB aside, I emailed the developers a few weeks ago and they said there is an update coming that will allow you to backup/restore settings to the sdcard. Still waiting for that update...

5. mik0r

mik0r Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ya, I see how it says app+data. But when I backup/restore the data it's only the application (no data or settings for any application not just handcent) and yes its the donated full version. I ended up just going through every menu and compiling a 2 page settings in notepad to manually re-enter the data, :|

6. RJSH_1727

RJSH_1727 Well-Known Member

Mines didn't Restore this go round like it usually does when I use TB. I hate losing my Text Messages through them! :'( :( I just did a Restore all apps with Data, and that Restored my Bubble & Notifcation Settings, as well as the Theme I Imported. Now, how do I go about Restoring my Text Messages?? :( *SIGHS*

7. kristinstokes

kristinstokes New Member

Can you please explain a little more? I used mybackup pro to backup everything (i literally checked every single check box) to my sd card before transferring everything to my phone. I restored everything but my handcent settings look just like they did when I first downloaded the app. Am I missing something?