Root Handcent settings backup?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mik0r, Aug 31, 2010.

1. mik0r

mik0r Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Systems Engineer
    Washington D.C.
    Is there a way to backup the Handcent settings? took me a couple hours to completely customize Handcent the way I wanted it and now if I upgrade to Froyo I'll lose all the settings. Titanium Backup doesn't backup anything but the application.

Advertisement
  2. MisterMixelpix

MisterMixelpix Well-Known Member

May 4, 2010
    Youth Counselor
    PA
    It backs up the application + data. Says so rather explicitly. I've flashed multiple ROMs and never lost my settings.

3. Sarosh79

Sarosh79 Active Member

Jul 18, 2010
    same issue here, it was fine on Skyraider 2.5.2 but when I went to CM6 6.0.0 settings are gone and data gone too.

4. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow!
    VIP Member

Nov 6, 2009
    Male
    Yewwtah!
    TB aside, I emailed the developers a few weeks ago and they said there is an update coming that will allow you to backup/restore settings to the sdcard. Still waiting for that update...

5. mik0r

mik0r Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Systems Engineer
    Washington D.C.
    ya, I see how it says app+data. But when I backup/restore the data it's only the application (no data or settings for any application not just handcent) and yes its the donated full version. I ended up just going through every menu and compiling a 2 page settings in notepad to manually re-enter the data, :|

6. RJSH_1727

RJSH_1727 Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2010
    Mines didn't Restore this go round like it usually does when I use TB. I hate losing my Text Messages through them! :'( :( I just did a Restore all apps with Data, and that Restored my Bubble & Notifcation Settings, as well as the Theme I Imported. Now, how do I go about Restoring my Text Messages?? :( *SIGHS*

7. kristinstokes

kristinstokes New Member

Nov 24, 2010
    Can you please explain a little more? I used mybackup pro to backup everything (i literally checked every single check box) to my sd card before transferring everything to my phone. I restored everything but my handcent settings look just like they did when I first downloaded the app. Am I missing something?