1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Handcent SMS and Quick Settings missing from the Market?

Last Updated:

1. TheBiles

TheBiles Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Can anyone verify this? Myself and several other EVO owners have reported that they aren't showing up on both rooted and non-rooted phones. I downloaded both of them last week when I got my EVO, but I had to factory reset for root, and now I can't find them. Could someone test it out?

Advertisement
  2. landwomble

landwomble Member

I'm missing handcent, quick settings and probably some others...got QS off rapidshare but can't get a recent apk of handcent. Would appreciate a copy if anyone has it...

3. mountaineerndixie

mountaineerndixie Well-Known Member

Strange...I see them both right now.

4. slhenderson87

slhenderson87 Member

I too am missing from the market. Other people are missing it too from other forums. I saw a post that lead you to a website to download it free while he was checking why it wasn't on the market anymore. But when I went to the website, I got red flags about its security certificate. I chickened out from downloading. The website is Quick Settings | SlideME. I factory reset and now must wait until it is back on the market. This stinks. If you download without virus problems, plaese update this thread.

5. gbuff19

gbuff19 New Member

I had it fine on my Samsung Moment. Just got my EVO today and its not on the market at all. The font packs are though.

6. MisterMixelpix

MisterMixelpix Well-Known Member

Seems to be missing on HTC apps. Specifically, any apps that replace stock HTC apps.

7. ttamnedlog

ttamnedlog Well-Known Member

That's not true. Qik is also missing, and HTC has no app designed for that functionality at all. It's just a market issue.

8. MisterMixelpix

MisterMixelpix Well-Known Member

The market issue is targeting a weird set of apps then. ADW, LauncherPro, Handcent, and seems like they're only missing on HTC phones.

9. blackvyper

blackvyper Well-Known Member

I've got Handcent.. it's just been updated again to 3.0.4... if you need it i've got it!

10. SubaruWRX2003

SubaruWRX2003 Member

How do I get 3.0.4 on my phone, downloaded it to my PC, clicked and opened the Install Wizard, then it says connect your phone, I do via USB (HTC Desire) and nothing......NEXT button isn't highlighted as it don't see the phone.

11. JDwan

JDwan Well-Known Member

I have a Xperia X10 and I wasn't able to find Handcent SMS in the Market last night. Haven't tried yet today but it was definitely missing last night. The Handcent forum has a post on it marked June 8, 2010 that says that it should be back on the Market now.

EDIT: Rechecked today and it was there. Same with a bunch of other apps that were missing.

12. tsandroid

tsandroid Well-Known Member

SlideMe is perfectly safe. It's an alternative market that a lot of developers who can't sell apps through the android market (because google checkout doesn't work in their country) use to sell them.

13. tsandroid

tsandroid Well-Known Member

Adw & launcherpro both show up in my market, but not handcent. I'm using an LG vortex, so it's not just HTC phones.