Handcent SMS app issues Odd RingtonesSupport

Last Updated:

1. Ufkal

Ufkal Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, this is a weird one for me and probably a multiple part question/issue.

1.) I use Handcent for my SMS app exclusively. HOWEVER, if my phone locks or goes to sleep, and I get a message it displays the message in both the Handcent and the stock messenger. How do I stop the stock message program from running.

2.) This issue has just started today. I have selected sounds for notifications for an incoming message. When I go into my settings, the correct sound is selected. However, when a text comes in, a song from MP3 directory (specifically RUSH - Fountain of Lamneth). I can not figure out why this is occurring.

I have uninstalled recently installed apps in the hope that it would maybe fix it but no go. So now, I'd like some advice. Thanks in advance for the assist.

Advertisement
  2. sontaikle

sontaikle Well-Known Member

1) Have you disabled all notifications for the stock SMS app? I've done this and I don't get any notifications when I receive a message—I only get notifications with Handcent.

2) How do you select the notification sounds? Do you set up the sounds through the Handcent app itself?

3. Ufkal

Ufkal Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah in handcent its settings -> Notification Settings -> Notification Sound.

The song its playing instead isn't selected or even available as a ringtone or notification sound.

4. ct2020

ct2020 Well-Known Member

bump

I'm having the song as notification problem as well. It's really annoying as it plays the whole song and nothing but muting the ringer volume stops it. Anyone find a fix?

Side note: I'm using a Samsung Galaxy on 1.6 (found this thread through search)