Handcent SMS contact ringtonesSupport

Last Updated: 2009-12-28 18:29:37
  1. whisperz433

whisperz433 New Member

I've read that you can assign custom ringotnes for contacts on Handcent, but can't figure it out. A little help please???

Advertisement
  2. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Can't seem to find that anywhere in Handcent. I know you can set ringtones for contacts by default in Android in the contacts app, but I don't know if that applies to texts messages.
  3. ceruti82

ceruti82 Well-Known Member

go into handcent,
    choose a contact,
    click the button in upper right corner,
    choose notification settings,
    choose select ringtone,
    then select your tone.
    all set :)

you can customize SOOO many things with handcent: the icon for incoming text, the LED color, the way it vibrates, custom signatures for different contacts...etc.. its super customizable!

i learned it all by just playing around with it, i LOVE handcent!
  4. FrayAdjacent

FrayAdjacent Well-Known Member

Ceruti, I couldn't get HandCent to vibrate on notification no matter what I had it set to. Just didn't do it.

There has been an update since, so maybe it will work now? I'll give it a try.

ADDED: Just tried. No vibrate. I set it to vibrate always, and test notification... it plays the sound I set, but no vibe. Tried different vibrate patterns, still nothing.
  5. ceruti82

ceruti82 Well-Known Member

hmm, i"ve never had any issues with that..
    but i have noticed one thing about the custom VIBRATE PATTERN function.. you have to have the CUSTOM numbers set to be 0,xx,xx,xx or it wont vibrate.. put a ZERO as the first number, see if that works.. i just tested it out with mine..

i have mine set as: 0,170 for example, and that works fine...

there was just another update yesterday, maybe update it again if you havent ??
    or email the dev for help.. i have emailed a few app developers, and have gotten replies within the hour usually.. they seem to really want to keep us happy !
  6. whisperz433

whisperz433 New Member

Got it! thanks for the help!!
  7. DroidSloth

DroidSloth Well-Known Member

With normal or custom starting with zero, I still cannot get my phone to vibrate on new texts. Getting insanely frustrating.

Just did a full factory reset / wipe, formatted my sd card so I would think all settings are gone. With the phone set to vibrate and the stock messaging app set to notifications: yes and vibrate: yes, still no vibrate. Handcent re-installed and configured to vibrate: always, pattern: normal... still refuses to vibrate.