1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

handcent sms ( i read the other posts regarding handcent)

Last Updated:

1. wkdcam

wkdcam New Member This Topic's Starter

hello everyone,
    i spent a few hours reading the other posts on handcent problems/issues, and i did some research too and im not sure what else to do. I got my eris about 5 days ago so im still learning new things about it.
    I downloaded the handcent app and got a few problems, when i receive an sms i get the notification from the handcent, but the native sms still recieves the text even after disabling "notifications"
    here's a break down of what i did:

Turned off notifications on native sms app

went to Android market downloaded handcent sms

Received following message upon opening notification when it finished downloading.

Advertisement
  2. Taterus Maximus

Taterus Maximus Well-Known Member

I believe that Handcent and most of the other aftermarket messaging apps 'piggyback' on the stock messaging app, when you go to manage applications did you have an option to 'clear defaults'?

3. bjbear5103

bjbear5103 New Member

hello Mr Maximus-i too have the same problem-i got handcent, but i get my msg with handcent and the stock msg. if i go to manage, then handcent, i can see the launch by default, and it says no defaults set, and nothing will highlight. any ideas? thanks!!!! bj

4. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Go into stock Messaging app and disable all notifications. This has been mentioned a million times and when you install Handcent it tell you to do that too.

5. uhleashuh

uhleashuh New Member

Question about handcent, I downloaded it yesterday. When i went to change the notification sound it would list several options i could choice from such as ringtone from the orignial andriod or mp3 download ringtones. But i accidently pressed the original ringtones and it set it as a default. I was wondering if there was any way i could restore handcent so i can set the mp3 files as a notifcation sound instead of the sounds that came on the droid. I tryed deleting handcent and reinstalling it, but its still doesnt give me the options to use my mp3 ringtone.