handcent sms not sending pics

Last Updated:

1. bravo315

bravo315 New Member

I have an HTC EVO 4G and I downloaded the handcent sms app from the market. I love the messaging app like many others do on all the forums. Does anyone have the fix or some answers on why you cant send or recieve pictures. many posts on everyone having problems but none on a great fix

2. gallandof

gallandof Well-Known Member

I havent noticed that I cant send or receive Ill retest now though.
    bravo315 likes this.
  3. gallandof

Oh and Welcome to the forums, make your self at home, kick your feet up and grab some milk and cookies.
    bravo315 likes this.
  4. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!
    bravo315 likes this.
  5. bravo315

bravo315 New Member

Thanks for the welcome. Just thought I would try my luck with this problem of no picture sending with htc evo 4g with handcent sms. any help would be great
  6. Leftyguy

Leftyguy Well-Known Member

Hi & Welcome to the Android Forums - Cheers....;)
  7. gallandof

just to update ya bravo I tried to send a picture to my other droid and vice versa, I wasnt able to send or receive a picture message through handcent, but once I deleted handcent and sent through stock it worked fine. hopefully there will be a fix soon since it seems like every other week MMS breaks with handcent
  8. bravo315

bravo315 New Member

Thanks for trying different things for me. I do have pretty good news though. Check this out. dont ask my why I even went near this but I un-installed the stock htc mms program from the phone using System app Remover (from market). Then went and got the htc mms apk from www.4shared.com and re installed. Shut off all notifications with the stock app so notifications dont come in double and was now able to send and recieve pictures with handcent sms. Just dont ask me why. I do not know why. Its above my payscale at that point. My hypothesis is that maybe handcent needs certain things from the stock app to run and by un-installing the stock app and re-installing it everything was reset.Like I said who knows
  9. windstrings

windstrings Well-Known Member

Root is required for that app
  10. windstrings

windstrings Well-Known Member

I figured it out... After reinstalling handcent.... Too bad I have to reconfigure handcent.

In handcent go to settings...application settings......default messaging application..... Then pick at the bottom "use for all SMS & mms"
    Now it works!

I'm curious to know if it would have worked without reinstalling.... Seems like I remember that setting was on "disable" not sure how it got set to that!