Handcent SMS question

Last Updated:

1. rse411

rse411 Active Member This Topic's Starter

So I just rooted, running CM6-RC1 and I had to download VVM for my phone because I wasnt sure how to access my voicemails.

I also am getting those annoying text messages telling me I have a voicemail.
    So I read that downloading Handcent SMS and blacklisting the number works, so I did that.

I was just wondering how I can stop receiving texts from both of my SMS widgets (I use the one that comes with LauncherPro Plus)

I know that when I receive one I can choose to set a default, but I still get 2 texts at a time (one from each SMS widget)

any thoughts/suggestions?

EDIT* shit sorry, I did blacklist them, now I'm wondering how I can stop receiving texts through Handcent, because I'm getting 2 texts at a time, just normal texts from people i know, through both SMS widgets even after I choose a default messenger

Advertisement
  2. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

Blacklist them

3. 00h2itr

00h2itr Well-Known Member

I have tried Blacklisting as well and still get them.

I tried blacklist, then delete the SMS, and I've tried blacklist and leaving the SMS (somehow thinking if I deleted it, maybe it deletes the blacklist)

Neither have worked, still get the 9016 VM message.

4. ck4794

ck4794 Well-Known Member

you have to go into the stock messaging app and turn off notifications. and with that rom, you have to go to voicemail settings and i believe it's carrier options or something to that affect and put in your voicemail number. the default is *86 or something, which is some helios number.