Handcent SMS question

Last Updated:

1. msierra519

msierra519 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have the Handcent SMS app and everytime i get a text, i get 2 notifications..1 for stock app and 1 for Handcent...how do i disable getting the notification for the stock app? i go to manage apps but i dont see an option in there..is there somewhere else that i dont know about?

Advertisement
  2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Open up the messages app, press menu, settings, scroll all the way down and untick 'Notifications: Display message notifications in status bar'.

Thaxis, mattjphoto and msierra519 like this.
  3. msierra519

msierra519 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ohh ok got it..wow im dumb for that one lol...

thanks!!

4. Knight05

Knight05 New Member

I just tested this and followed your instructions to the T. I even went as far as to uncheck all boxes in the messeges tab yet I still see the green icon showing me I have text messeges even though it's all disabled on both handcent and the stock messeging app. Any ideas why?

5. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Hmm, a green icon? Unless you've changed the notification settings that sounds like another app; handcent shows blue notifications and the default app uses white ones. Have you installed anything else SMS related?

6. launcherboy

launcherboy Member

After unchecking the notification box, the phone must be refreshed. Sprint customer service did it for me but first try a "pull the battery re-set". My stock SMS is no longer duping the Handcent.

7. robertmclure

robertmclure New Member

The SMS messages will still be received by the stock app, what you are disabling is the notification that appears at the top of the screen. You can not uninstall the stock SMS app that comes with the phone, therefore you can not stop it from receiving messages. If it just annoys you, remove that icon from its space.

Bobby