Handcent & sms read reportSupport

1. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

I just downloaded the handcent app last night. Up until then I used smspopup. Anyways, I started having problems with smspopup so I switched to handcent. So far it seems pretty cool. The only thing I can't figure out is the whole "sms read report". I tried using it because I think it would be pretty cool to get a report when someone receives & reads the text I sent... but all I get is a little "clock symbol" next to the text I sent and when I click on it, it says "Report pending". And I know for sure that the text went through and was read by the receipient (got an answer back). The little clock symbol just stayed there and it never changed, always said "report pending". :confused::confused::confused:
    Not sure why that is... could it be that my phone (Moment) or my carrier (Sprint) isn't compatible? Does anyone else have the same problem?

Thanks all! :D

Advertisement
    :
  2. AndroidStephen

AndroidStephen Well-Known Member

I think the reporting may only work with multimedia messsages, not just standard text messages.. could be wrong, but the reporting has worked well on any MMS that I've sent.
    Sabrina likes this.
  3. gmjlopez

gmjlopez Well-Known Member

The phone that you sent the text to has to send a "read" signal back to your phone. Most phones have this disabled or don't support it.
    Sabrina likes this.
  4. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

Thank you guys... I figured out it works. I went to menu-->more-->delivery reports and there they were. I didn't get a notification or anything though and I'm not sure how long it actually took for the delivery report to show up. Oh well, no big deal! :))) Stephen, I haven't tried it with a MMS yet, but good to know that it works!