Handcent sms Version 2.9.16

Last Updated:

1. checkers

checkers Active Member This Topic's Starter

Handcent sms Version 2.9.16
    15 Nov 2009

Just got it and it fixed the icon issue.

Advertisement
  2. mrkniceguy

mrkniceguy Well-Known Member

Seems to be working great for me! Just rebooted and my widget was still there!

3. dsmithjr

dsmithjr Member

Working for me as well. The widget and icon are both back, even after a reboot.:D

4. ItsDon

ItsDon Well-Known Member

My widget was back as well but it appears I got downgraded afte reboot to version.13 (?). Guess I'll try again.

5. sr1982

sr1982 Well-Known Member

People keep speaking of the Handcent Widget, but I still have yet to find this. I have the Handcent icon, but definitely not a widget.

6. kayawire

kayawire Well-Known Member

Yeah me too....I also would like to know where this damn widget is !!!

I long press on the screen to add the handcent widget from the menu, but only the icon appears on the screen :confused:

7. sr1982

sr1982 Well-Known Member

I am thinking people don't realize the difference between an application icon and a widget.

8. dsmithjr

dsmithjr Member

The Handcent widget is under the Android Widgets. It's just a Handcent icon with green circle the pops up on the bottom corner which shows the number of new messages.

9. satinkzo

satinkzo Well-Known Member

Up until this update I had no problems with the widget. Now it is not available in my android widget list.

10. ggoldfingerd

ggoldfingerd Active Member

That is weird. I just updated and the Handcent Sms is still in my Android widget list.

Update #1

I just rebooted my phone and the icon link broke. Handcent Sms is also missing in the Android widget list now. Looks like it has been removed.

Update #2

I found that after a soft reset, Handcent changes back to version 2.9.15 in the about page. I know 2.9.16 is installed though because 2.9.15 had the Sms widget (icon) in the Android widget section. I tried reinstalling the app and the same thing happens.

Update #3

After uninstalling, rebooting, and then reinstalling, the widget appears in the Android widget section. I am now having the boot-cache issue which means that if I reboot with 2.9.16 installed, it will break the widget and downgrade the app to 2.9.15.

Is anyone else having this issue? I may end up installing 2.9.15 as I didn't have any problems with that version.

Update #4

I just hard reset my phone and 2.9.16 works good now. I'm already back to my 100% wake time though. It occurred after a phone call was missed. I really like Handcent though.

11. Alcaron

Alcaron Active Member

Still hasn't fixed the icon. Is it really THAT difficult? Honestly I wish HTC would just fix the dumb SMS app because I'm kinda tired of Handcent.

12. eyebeam

eyebeam Well-Known Member

13. Alcaron

Alcaron Active Member

I just am not as impressed with Handcent in general as the HTC messaging app. But that bug is just...jesus...battery killer and a half.

14. nick325i

nick325i Well-Known Member

Updated today with latest update, wasn't there on Friday. The widget is back!

I love handcent sms!