• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Handcent sms Version 2.9.16

Up until this update I had no problems with the widget. Now it is not available in my android widget list.

That is weird. I just updated and the Handcent Sms is still in my Android widget list.

Update #1

I just rebooted my phone and the icon link broke. Handcent Sms is also missing in the Android widget list now. Looks like it has been removed.

Update #2

I found that after a soft reset, Handcent changes back to version 2.9.15 in the about page. I know 2.9.16 is installed though because 2.9.15 had the Sms widget (icon) in the Android widget section. I tried reinstalling the app and the same thing happens.

Update #3

After uninstalling, rebooting, and then reinstalling, the widget appears in the Android widget section. I am now having the boot-cache issue which means that if I reboot with 2.9.16 installed, it will break the widget and downgrade the app to 2.9.15.

Is anyone else having this issue? I may end up installing 2.9.15 as I didn't have any problems with that version.

Update #4

I just hard reset my phone and 2.9.16 works good now. I'm already back to my 100% wake time though. It occurred after a phone call was missed. I really like Handcent though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones