Handcent SMSSupport

Last Updated:

1. Matt43

Matt43 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've started using Handcent SMS for text messaging and think it's brilliant. However my Xperia also appears to be using "Messaging" so that when I get a text message I get TWO notification sounds, and even though I've received and read the message using Handcent, it still appears in the top bar as a new message until I've cleared it using messaging.

Is there a way to disable Messaging as I'm perfectly happy just using Handcent????? Thanks

Advertisement
  2. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

In your stock messaging app, Menu>Settings>Notifications and untick, then the two below should also grey out and you won't get two notifications.

SINCEREJ and Matt43 like this.
  3. luke318is

luke318is Well-Known Member

There is for sure. I just wish I could remember how I did it. for outgoing, just select "always use handsent" when sending. I can't quite remember how I did it for incoming, but its not hard

Matt43 likes this.
  4. CuBz

CuBz Well-Known Member

Sorry to hijack your post, but does anyone know an app that shows a pop up telling you that you have received a message, but doesn't show you the message, but gives you to the option to view

Thanks

5. Gurba

Gurba Well-Known Member

Handcent has several options for notifications. I belive what you ask for is one of them.

KingDong and CuBz like this.
  6. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Gurba, been using Handcent from day one of owning phone and had never looked for/seen that option. Thank you! (That's my 'learn something new every day' done then... brain now at capacity)

7. CuBz

CuBz Well-Known Member

I installed it on day one, but couldn't see the option anywhere as it is my first Android phone and I didn't know how to use it correctly :D

8. KingDong

KingDong Well-Known Member

Thank you!