Handcent T9 vs Better Keyboard (EvenBetter Keyboard)

Last Updated:

1. crucifixion

crucifixion Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I downloaded Handcent and the handcent keyboard in order to have T9 functionality (I like to type fast with one hand), and found the Handcent T9 keyboard to be pure crap.

First, it doesn't even have basic words in it, but mainly the letters only show and the numbers don't, so have to do a seperate thing just to put numbers in. Since it was free I got what I paid for.

So I search the market and found Better Keyboard and then had to also buy its T9 app, called EvenBetter Keyboard and this is much better. Is it worth it to buy to apps (2.99+3.99) just for T9 when there was a half-ass working one in Handcent for free? I don't know, but I am happy with it.

Was wondering if other people used T9 on Handcent and/or EvenBetter keyboard and what are your thoughts.

Please dont let this thread become a QWERTY vs T9 fight. Just asking about T9 and which vendor do you prefer using?

Advertisement
  2. SamMax

SamMax Well-Known Member

swype

3. SimonSays

SimonSays Active Member

Just checking, you know there's a full-refund on paid apps from the android market if you uninstall them within 24 hours, right? If you text a lot shouldn't take long to determine whether it's worth it for you.

4. magnus

magnus Well-Known Member

Better keyboard has T9 built in.....Whats the deals with even better keyboard?

EDIT: Just found out. Even better keyboard is NOT an app of Better keyboard. The names are similiar but the two are by two different people.

5. crucifixion

ah crap, really? so then I bought one when I didnt need it...OK let me get a refund on one

6. boatman

boatman Well-Known Member

what the heck is swype ? tried to find it in market, nothing.

7. asilver

asilver Well-Known Member

google swype it's not on the market but you can download it and install it on your phone, it's the first revolution in vitrtual keyboard typing in my opinion...because it removes typing all together and you just drag your finger through the keyboard to spell the word....it's smart too, you don't have to be precise and it's very accurate.

8. greg72

greg72 Well-Known Member

I had swype on my windows mobile tp 2. Didn't like it much. I can actually type pretty quick with the landscape soft keyboard. Don't have to be exact and he text prediction is actually really good.

9. crucifixion

so where can I find swype? maybe ill try that

10. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Swype is the best keyboard I've used, period.

I was a T9 junkie from my BB days, but I'm converted now...very fast, very forgiving.

11. jmccarthy14

jmccarthy14 Well-Known Member

Yeah swype means me pulling out the physical keyboard less. And its another iDon't. Or whatever. Anyway very slick. If it was multitouch there'd be no argument (my only complaint is I worry adding too many words or phrases I use could screw up prediction for actual ones. another thread).

12. SirVilhelm

SirVilhelm Well-Known Member

Because of this thread I installed Swype. Wow. I've been showing everyone I know how cool swype is. I still feel that in some situations I type faster using the physical keyboard but for quick messages its swype for the win. Anyone know when they will bring it to the market?

13. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member