1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Handcent Text History Question..Support

1. izzy35

izzy35 Well-Known Member

I've been using the factory sms messaging app along with SMS popup..it fit all my needs but wanted to give Handcent a whirl bc of all of the personalizations you can do...BUT, I find that Handcent is randomly deleting older messages, or at least, not showing them. Today, I received messages from someone I often text, and it's only showing todays messages and random pics we've MMS'ed to each other over the last few weeks....And the messages aren't deleted bc the number count shows the correct number, as well as, if I go into the stock app, they are there...

Any help?? Thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. mike1

mike1 Well-Known Member

there is a similar app to hancent called chomp which is just as good but if you want to keep handcent try undownloading it and the downloading it again
  3. crazyg0od33

crazyg0od33 Well-Known Member

but chomp you have to pay if you aren't texting another chomp user
  4. Pooh434

Pooh434 Well-Known Member

Hey, I found that issue when I first started using Handcent. It's just how they display once threads get so long. If you scroll all the way to the top of the screen of the thread with that particular person, you should see a grey box that says "show earlier messages". Click it, and you will see the old texts. If you don't see the one you're looking for, repeat the step over, and it will pull in more messages. Have fun!
    izzy35 likes this.
  5. TheWhiteBandito

TheWhiteBandito Well-Known Member

Not true. Don't use the "ChompSMS Credits" and just use your normal network, no extra charges.

This.
  6. sail4fun201

sail4fun201 Well-Known Member

You can also set Handcent to show all messages in the thread, without putting all the MMS at the top so you don't need to push the show earlier messages button.

Handcent>settings>custom style>bubble settings>others (at the bottom)>show earlier button

uncheck that.
    izzy35 likes this.
  7. izzy35

izzy35 Well-Known Member

This fixed it! Thanks!!
  8. (((SOLUTION ABOVE))) Good Show Sir! Sick of people without the answer, answering the question anyway with what is usually just forum polluting BS. Thank you!