Handcent...this is driving me crazy

Last Updated:

1. cij1916

cij1916 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I had to hard reset my phone today after I called Sprint the other day with 1 problem and in the process of them "fixing" it, created 1 problem after another...trying to get my apps & settings back the way they were...So I disabled the default messaging program from notifying me, however, when I get a new sms, and I get the pop up...usually when I X out the popup or I reply, the notification goes away out the notification bar, but now it requires me to clear notification or physically go into handcent and look at the msg...what or where did I go wrong...please help!!!

And just for clarification, it's the handcent notification, not messages notification.

Advertisement
  2. kennyidaho

kennyidaho Well-Known Member

I noticed that the other day when I need to reinstall handcent on my phone. Suddenly it started working like normal....then back to not working. I eventually just disabled the pop up.

3. cij1916

Is it possibly because of the new update?

4. kennyidaho

Might be. I was up to date but then received a replacement phone on Monday so I reinstalled. Decided to keep the update and noticed these issues also seemed like to me the performance of the pop up was degraded from last time I had used it. Very annoying the pop up is so nice.

5. durandetto

durandetto Well-Known Member

Did you check the settings in Handcent, I'm pretty sure there is a setting that marks a message read when you x out of a popup?

6. vwvapor

vwvapor Well-Known Member

There was a problem with the last update. It's been fixed with todays update.

7. cij1916

thanks...it started working correctly yesterday...but I did read reviews after I posted my review and saw there was a lot of people with that problem, it was good to know it wasn't me lol.

8. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

i removed handsent today and noticed i had no ore keyboard lag. along with a general enhancement in the phones speed. i just use the default and sms popup. everything is swayze now

9. Droidone

Droidone Well-Known Member

no hijacking but have a quick question. What did they give you for a replacement. new or refurb

10. kennyidaho

Was with in my 30 days. I have this bad habit that once I pull out the can of compressed air to clean out a clients keyboard or computer I basically go on a dusting rage. One day my Hero happened to be a target of my compressed air rage. I went from no dust to lots of dust under the screen. Momentary lapse of judgment.

However I will say that there appear to be some physical differences between the two phones so I am wondering if HTC refreshed it's hardware manufacturing to address some issues. I should probably make another thread about it.

11. longhornchica05

longhornchica05 Active Member

soory i just saw a handcent thread and figured id post my ? here...

i just downloaded the handcent app and noticed that whenever im on a call and getting an incoming msg, the call gets all choppy and either i cant hear the person im talking to or they cant hear me... is that normal?

12. cij1916

I don't have that problem...it just beeps in my ear and while it's beeping, I can't hear anybody lol

13. longhornchica05

lol ok well maybe its just a glitch in my phone...

one more thing... is there a way to remove the stock app or will it always be there doubling all the msgs i receive?

14. cij1916

You don't want to remove it since some apps need it...you can go in and change the settings so that the stock app doesn't notify you...

15. longhornchica05

yea i did that already... was just wondering if there was a way to not get the message twice... im not getting the notification twice, but i wasnt sure if the stock app will mess up my handcent.. idk

this phones kinda been gettin on my nerves and i took it in and im supposed to be getting a brand new one tomorrow so until then im just playing with different options so i know what/what not to download onto my new phone

16. cij1916

You will get the msg twice, the stock app and handcent, the key is to not be notified twice lol..I don't even see the stock app unless I go into programs to look for it, I removed it from my home screens

17. longhornchica05

yea thats what i did too...

u have any idea what the blacklist option is for?

18. kennyidaho

For blacklisting!

Basically if someone keeps messaging you it's possible to blacklist it so you don't have to see or hear from them again.

So for example you are cheating on your husband but playboy will not stop texting you and you're afraid that it's going to cost you thousands of dollars in lost child support and other divorce goodies - because you won't get the jump on him and have the ability to drag his name through the mud. You could blacklist the conversation so it essentially disappears and any further texts do not cause notifications sounds. Then when you're husband is out doing something nice for you and your kids you can then view them.

Of course not everything is as nefarious as this..........

19. revtime

revtime Well-Known Member

Damn, Kenny what broad messed you up. LOL

20. longhornchica05

wow thats pretty intense... how the hell did u know thats what i needed it for? only playboy isnt calling... its maxim...
    HAHA!!

21. cij1916

I've never seen msgs once I blacklisted the #...don't know where they go, but they sure don't come to my phone...how do you view blacklisted messages?

22. kennyidaho

Go in to settings and tick/untick the show blacklisted options.

23. outwism

outwism Member

Can you "un-blacklist" someone?

24. androidtp

androidtp Well-Known Member

lmao!!!!!

25. Redgrrl

Redgrrl Member

so, if you are getting the messages twice, that means you have to delete them from both places?