Handcent timestamp on Froyo fixed!!

Last Updated:

1. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Update is in the market now, I just updated and the problem is indeed fixed. Very happy with Froyo now.

Advertisement
  2. mazz0310

mazz0310 Well-Known Member

AHHH, I just went back to 2.1 about 2 hours ago solely because of this reason!

3. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah it was really bugging me, but I wasn't giving up flash to fix that. I'm just glad it is finally fixed!:D

4. Kevmueller

Kevmueller Well-Known Member

It also says it fixed the MMS sending issue and I just tested it and it looks like it did. Now VERY happy with 2.2.

MMS works again!!!!

5. mazz0310

mazz0310 Well-Known Member

Hm now I have to make a decision, right now 2.1 is running amazing for me so it's a very tough decision.

6. MrTissues

MrTissues Well-Known Member

Now if they would only integrate GV numbers somehow. Google release that API!!!

7. LiquidHonesty

LiquidHonesty Active Member

Anyone know if there's a fix for the other annoying text message bug? Handcent gets my messages and I read them there....but my "unread messages" count in the built-in txt message app keep climbing.

For example....my wife will send me, say, 5 messages...I read them all in handcent, clear the message in the pull down...and go about my day. Little while later, wife sends me another txt message...I read it in handcent, even reply, and the drop down says "6 new messages". Goes on like that...I have to launch the built-in txt app and read them there...and it stops counting. Well, actually the counting starts off. So I guess handcent doesn't flag the messages as "read". And no, the handcent update didn't fix it.

8. emr25

emr25 Well-Known Member

If you are rooted, I think you can just rename the conversations.apk to conversations.bak using Root Explorer. Or freeze it if you use Titanium Backup. I've heard from other's that this has worked for similar issues.

9. drone46

drone46 Active Member

Have you turned off notifications in the native sms app? I do not have this problem at all and I am using Handcent running on 2.2