• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Handcent=two messages and two notifications

A

akkkmed

(Yes, I've searched)
I am running 2.3.15 Revolution R2 ROM.

I am receiving double Handcent messages AND notifications. I disabled stock notifications and tried disabling auto-receive (or whatever it's called).

Uninstalled, reinstalled, deleted data, etc. Nothing has worked.

How do I fix this, please?

Are you sure it is two Handscent messages? You have to turn off all notifications for the stock messaging app as well.

Go into your stock messaging app and then messaging settings>uncheck notifications status bar>uncheck vibrate and turn off ringtone.

This solved my problem, but I never received two handscent messages, just double notifications in status bar and ringtones.

I hope that fixes your issue.

Upvote 0
Are you sure it is two Handscent messages? You have to turn off all notifications for the stock messaging app as well.

Go into your stock messaging app and then messaging settings>uncheck notifications status bar>uncheck vibrate and turn off ringtone.

This solved my problem, but I never received two handscent messages, just double notifications in status bar and ringtones.

I hope that fixes your issue.

I am more than positive I did that already. I've checked like 12 times.
Plus, it's Handcent for sure.

Upvote 0
I assume it's the ROM. I have the problem after installing GalaX. Check to make sure you don't have 3 messaging things. I had "Text Messaging" (Stock on phone), but I also had "Messaging" (Came installed with GalaX). That was causing me to receive double texts for everything. So in handcent I would have 2 notifications and the same text twice.

Upvote 0
uninstalled handcent and did a few tests. It's not a handcent problem(at least for me). I get duplicate sms's on my stock messenger as well.

As for the two messaging apps, I think they both come stock on the phone. Not sure though. Even so, theoretically it shouldn't be causing the double texts because they all draw from the same source I believe.

I'm going to be looking into it more tonight and see if I can figure out whats causing it on mine. Will post if I find anything. :)

Upvote 0
Well, I flashed to the rubiX rom. Was previously on FlyX.

Started testing it by first getting a text without handcent installed. It worked like it should, only one sms. Then turned off auto-retrieve and notifications in the stock sms app settings.

Installed handcent and sent myself another test sms. Worked like it should. :)

Only thing that is different, app wise, is the universal inbox thing isn't in rubiX. So it only has the one stock "Messaging" app. Guess that could be the cause like mazz0310 suggested, but dont know for sure.

Upvote 0
I'm having this issue now, with the REVOlution theme installed on stock ROM. Weird because when I was running ApeX with REVOlution, I didn't have this issue. I'm also not getting any ringtone or led notification on my received texts. Made sure all the right options were selected/deselected. I turned off auto-retrieve and notifications in the stock sms app settings. I unchecked "Self-Check" in Handcent.

I love REVOlution so much I'm willing to live with it for now but hope I can figure out a solution.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones