Handcent Users

Last Updated:

1. Hurricane350

Hurricane350 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, how do you get the stock messaging app to retrieving/running in the background? Yes, I have unchecked "Auto-retrieve" and I have also unchecked "Received Notification" but whenever I check it, it is still running no matter how many times I end it... Grr:mad:

Advertisement
  2. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

Is it hurting anything? Mine always reopens itself and I just ignore the fact that it's running. It's an idle app. Not using any battery.

3. Hurricane350

I feel anything running in the background is draining battery in one way or another...

4. KASR

KASR Member

I think the point is that they are getting double notifications - am I correct? I'm suffering the same thing, so if anyone can queue in with a solution that would be awesome-sauce!

5. Hurricane350

No, its not that I am getting duplicate notifications... Once you uncheck "Received Notification" in the Messages setting menu, that should go away. If not, I think your only option would be to do a Hard Reset. Sorry man...

6. ScorpDX

That's a Windows mindset...

Go look at the battery usage and you'll see that the inactive apps don't even show up in the list of apps using the battery. Because they're just that. Inactive cached apps.

7. Hurricane350

According to SystemPanel it is listed as an Active App, even though its usage is 0.1%. It just bugs me its active. For all I know, Handcent pulls from Messages and it has to be there... I was just curious

8. ScorpDX

I agree. I'd love a way, short of full root, to be able to take off the apps that are there for no reason. But it's just how it is...

9. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Well-Known Member

That was gonna be my guess. The native app is still the actual "brains" of the messaging....Handcent just puts another face on it. So it has to stay active if you want your messages... Again, just a guess.