1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Handcent+Volume Control App(s) issue

Last Updated:

1. lennyjew

lennyjew Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just curious about this and was wondering if anyone else has noticed this and found a fix or work around yet.

After a recent Handcent update, any and all volume control/sound manager apps haven't been fully working with Handcent. Before I had vibrate set to Alway in Handcent and I could toggle it on and off in a sound manager app without a problem.

No though, if I toggle vibration off, Handcent will override it and turn it on. I've tried multiple sound manager apps thinking it had something to do with the permissions in the apps coding, but no luck there.

In the stock messages app I can still use any and all of the sound managers to toggle the vibration settings, I just don't like using the stock app because of the glitch where you tap on one contact thread and it brings up another that was no where near the one you selected.

Any and all input would be much appreciated. Hell even just knowing there's someone else out there having the same issue would be nice. Sorry if this issue has been posted already, I couldn't find anything with this same issue. If it has just point me to the thread and I'll have this one closed.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. lennyjew

lennyjew Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Bump

3. budlowe

budlowe New Member

I just posted a similar topic on the official handcent forum. Here's the link. Maybe it would help if you went there and described that you're having the same issue and/or you'd like that functionality either in my topic or in the 'feature request' board.