Handcent vs. Spring Messaging

Last Updated:

1. annemania

annemania Member This Topic's Starter

I previously had problems attaching photos to my text messages without getting a window that says "too large to send" and I read here that the solution to this problem would be to download Handcent from Market. This solved my problem, but now I have a new one.

New problem is: Texts are coming in both Handcent and Sprint messaging which doesnt bother me much except for the fact that now I have messages doubling up. I've been using Handcent most of the day to see what other benefits it has other than the photo capability. While I continue to text with Handcent, the Spring message icon continues to blink telling me I have incoming messages even tho I've already read them in Handcent.

Is there a solution to this? From what I've read, Handcent is a much better test messaging tool to use...but the blinking light is starting to annoy me. Please help and send replies to my email: cheshirecat1991@gmail.com since I can't always be signed on here. Thank you.

Advertisement
  2. drew879

drew879 Active Member

If you no longer plan on using it (I don't--no reason to if you have Handcent), then open up the Messages app, click Menu-->Settings, uncheck "Auto-retrieve" under MMS settings, and uncheck "Notifications" under Notification settings. Should be good to go.

3. t1jordan

t1jordan Well-Known Member

handcent

4. annemania

annemania Member This Topic's Starter

thank you for the help! I really like handcent better. Will this work just as well with Samsung Moment. It's the phn my daughter has.

5. chinkster

chinkster Well-Known Member

why the hell does the original messaging app can't send MMS? i mean i use the phones camera to take the pic so i should be able to send it...wtf is going on? i have come to find out there is quite a few of minor problems with this phone but it is still better than a blackberry but they should really fix all these little bugs

6. BlackedOut

BlackedOut Well-Known Member

It can if you don't try to send the 5MP quality pictures.

7. RetiredFinally

RetiredFinally Well-Known Member

You can not send MMS if you have WiFi active for some reason! Sprint thing I guess.

8. rdisanza

rdisanza Well-Known Member

Stock does if you don't push file size or enable WiFi but Handcent is so much better in all ways. Completely configerable..... Try d/l'ing a different font pac from the market and customizing the look, have fun.

9. chinkster

but handcent doesn't work for emails and doesn't thread e-mails messages like its a text message...or am i missing something here? someone show me the light

10. SmokinPiff

SmokinPiff Banned

its a text messaging app and not a email app... so it has nothing to do with your email.

11. chinkster

im saying i would like for the handcent app to work for emails too. i contacted the app developer and he said he would try to make it work for emails too just like how the stock messages app does as long as there are willing beta testers.