HandcentSupport

Last Updated:

1. smile44

smile44 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I want add Handcent to my Incredible because I think the stock app is kinda boring. Works well enough, but boring. I read that a lot of people were getting notified twice of receiving messages if they didn't turn notifications off on the stock text messaging program. I have the 500 message plan (send most things by email) so here's my question. Will I get charged twice for each message I receive (even if I have notification turned off on the stock app) or just once? I'll be keeping a close eye on how many I've used each month, but this info would be helpful to know. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. TheWhiteBandito

TheWhiteBandito Well-Known Member

Nope, you'll only be charged once per text.

3. Jakaro

Jakaro Well-Known Member

its just 2 separate apps that are both notifying you for the same text, so you just disable the stock notification, its not receiving 2 texts.

4. Gibbs

Gibbs Active Member

a word of warning about handcent. my friend was using handcent and it would randomly decide to resend previously sent texts to me and other people. at one point it resent all 50 message that he had sent over the previous day. just watch out for that since you have limited texts per month.

5. smile44

Thanks everyone. I'll think I'll give Handcent a try. I like the idea of the bubble conversations lol. And thanks for the heads up Gibbs...I'm going to keep a close eye on my usage for the first little while.

6. XDaydreamerX11

XDaydreamerX11 Well-Known Member

YES this also happened to me. If I turned off my phone ALL my text msgs sent that day would be resent. I posted on their forums, mailed their dev, and posted on here with no helpful responses.

7. XDaydreamerX11

XDaydreamerX11 Well-Known Member

Chomp gives you bubble, Handcent gives you options BESIDES bubble which Chomp does not. I personally LOVED Handcent, but due to it's malfunctions I had to switch.

8. Jakaro

Jakaro Well-Known Member

You could try google voice, and send texts through that which uses data and not text message.

9. smile44

You know, I signed up for google voice as soon as it became available without invites. So I have a number, but I haven't done anything more yet. I'm pretty good at picking up new technology but it sounded a bit confusing. I'll look into it again (have only had this phone since Fri, so still playing around)