Handcent

Last Updated:

1. kevinlufc

kevinlufc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry for the question but is there a way that can make handcent my default option and not get 2 notification when I receive a message

Advertisement
  2. kingvortex

kingvortex Well-Known Member

Open the stock messaging app and disable notifications in it's settings.

kevinlufc likes this.
  3. kevinlufc

kevinlufc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Cheers for that it works a treat.

By the way would anyone know the reason why my email account shows my emails and then when I have read them they get deleted from the phone.

4. Tunga

Tunga Well-Known Member

What type of account is it?

5. m0J03

m0J03 Active Member

How do you open drafts? :s

6. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Are you using POP on your pc?

7. StevenSeed

StevenSeed Well-Known Member

On Handcent, the drafts should just appear in with the thread (with red "draft" text next to them). It's not like the stock where they appear in a different place. :cool:

8. adam_hilluk

adam_hilluk Well-Known Member

can someone tell me why handcent is meant to be better??

is it just aesthetics?

i had it for a day and hated it you see but clearly it is to everyone elses taste...

9. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Why did you hate it?

10. adam_hilluk

adam_hilluk Well-Known Member

just because it seemed totally useless, as in, it did nothing i coldn't do already other than look like an iphone.

and i've had an iphone and now i have a desire i dont want it to look like one

11. StevenSeed

It has more options - you can customise the asthetics (don't have to have it looking like an iPhone), notification icons, and I think there are a few other bits and pieces too.

I used it up until a few weeks ago because it was pretty much the same as the stock, but with more options, so there was no reason not to use it. However, the last few updates have made the whole thing really laggy and slow. Personally I think the developer has tried to add too much unnecessary stuff in there and it's slowed it all down (has the feel of a WinMo app now!)

I won't let any of that go without saying that I'm not a developer, and acknowledge that I could do no better myself - I'm just being honest. That's the reason I no longer use it.

Back with the HTC stock app, it's so much quicker and streamlined (and MMS works first time, every time!) I'll stick with that. :cool:

12. 1981

1981 Well-Known Member

yep handcent used to much better than the stock msging app till couple updates back. but now its noticeably slow

13. hussar10a

hussar10a Active Member

I added Handcent as there had been so much positive talk about it in this.forum, in truth I don't like the speech "bubbles" and I rather like the way the stock app groups the conversations and you can then flick thru them by name on
    one of the homepages. Uninstalled HC, and only miss the ability to be able to change the notifications light colour and duration. No doubt there is an app somewhere that will take care of that anyway !

14. StevenSeed

You can change this in the settings and have it like the stock app is that's the only issue you have with it. :cool:

15. OFI

OFI Well-Known Member

Likewise. Uninstalled it yesterday. Tried to like it as everyone kept raving about it but I just prefer the look of the HTC messaging app.

The ONLY thing I liked about it was the pop-up quick replies.

The messaging app itself either looks just like an iphone or looks tacky, however you try and customize it.

16. hussar10a

hussar10a Active Member

I agree, the stock HTC one looks and feels more "classy" somehow. IMHO of course !

17. m0J03

m0J03 Active Member

handcent has that option of changing the colour of the LED when a message is received, which i like alot. is there a way of changing the led colour for other notifications, ie. new email,when charging, etc?