1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Handcent

Last Updated:

1. Van

Van Member This Topic's Starter

I have read about customizing signatures for different contacts...I am able to figure out how to add a custom signature...but is there a way to add a different one for different contacts? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

When you're in the chat window of an individual contact, just tap the icon at the top-right of that window. You will have three options ... to customize notification, bubble, and signature settings just for that contact. Pretty cool stuff. I love Handcent!

3. Van

Thanks, that was simple enough...guess if I would have played with it some more I could have figured that out...thanks

4. simplysquare

simplysquare Well-Known Member

have you had any problems with handcent yet? ive unistalled twice now as the messages wernt appearing in my inbox so wouldnt know who txtd me?

5. Van

I am a fairly new user...less than a week, but I have not had any problems with the program.

6. Helenoftroy08

Helenoftroy08 Well-Known Member

Does anyone have the .apk file for Handcent 2.9.30?! I thought I had it backed up but I had 2.9.29. I updated Handcent today to 2.9.31 and it is running horribly! Plus this one has adds. If anyone has the .apk file for 2.9.30 please PM me! Thanks!

7. Neverendingxsin

Neverendingxsin Active Member

ive been using Handcent for a long time now and have never seen any ad's while using it.

8. soulesschild

soulesschild Well-Known Member

I keep seeing people say they are ads. Where are these ads?

9. Helenoftroy08

Helenoftroy08 Well-Known Member

Ive been using it a long time too...however after I updated today there were ads under the settings menu that slow it down. Plus it keeps force closing.

10. NeuroNY

NeuroNY Active Member

I'm not sure if this is your problem, but I was having issues where an incoming text would come and show up in the pop-up screen. I would close the pop-up screen, but later on, when i went to Handcent to check the message, that text was gone. It was also gone in the default messenger app. I think this occurred about 3-4 times.

I read in another forum that someone contacted the dev, and the dev recommended doing the following:

Settings->Retrieve Message Setting->Self-Check, check the box that says Self-Check at the bottom.

I don't know if that fixes it, but I haven't had any issues in the last few days.

11. EKG

EKG Well-Known Member

I just got a Droid ERIS yesterday and downloaded Handcent...ads are only in the settings but it makes it SO slow. How I fixed it was....I went into Spare Parts and changed all animation speeds to FAST. Now it goes smooth :)

12. SouthofOttawa

SouthofOttawa Well-Known Member

I have been using the Messaging program that came with my Rogers Magic and just installed Handcent SMS. One thing I can't figure out is how I access all the mobile numbers of contacts I have in the stock messaging program? I only have 5 contacts in my list in Handcent. I have heard that it might tie in to how you have the contacts set in GMail and whether they are set as mobile but some of the contacts I usually message aren't even in my GMail, they were just cell numbers of friends that I had contacted.

13. truthorchoose

truthorchoose Member

How do you make handcent save more than 5000 msgs