Handful of New Videos on Youtube

Last Updated:

1. Billy_617

Billy_617 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i just searched "samsung fascinate" on youtube & set the thing to only videos uploaded today & found at least 5 new videos! check em out!:D

Advertisement
    shante1012 likes this.
  2. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

which ones are you talking about? The only ones i see have been on there for awhile

3. shante1012

shante1012 Well-Known Member

nice i did the same thanks

4. TheAlmightyDrew

TheAlmightyDrew Well-Known Member

5. Billy_617

those are the ones i was talking about ^ sorry 4 not 5

6. TheAlmightyDrew

Alright. One thing I noticed is that at 8:38 in part 1 of the Face Off between the Fascinate and Incredible, when he selected a input method "Samsung Keypad" was not there. Did you turn Samsung Keypad off in the settings menu? Or is there no Samsung Keypad on the phone for some odd reason?

I am asking this because I loved the keyboard for the Samsung Captivate when I played around with it. I don't like the Android standard keyboard and I am not really a fan of Swype. I am really not sure why this would be the only Galaxy S phone that doesn't have the Samsung keypad that the rest have.

7. Billy_617

not sure.. i kinda like using swype ; but i def dont like the default android keyboard

8. TheAlmightyDrew

Ok, I just took a look at the User Manual for the Fascinate. According to that, the only two input methods that are on the phone are Swype and Android Keyboard.

That is extremely stupid. There had better be some way that I can get the Samsung Keypad on this phone.

9. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

Well atleast it has another keyboard and not just swype

10. Billy_617

im almost positive there will be a way to change it for samsung.. if not ; theres always the root & i dont know much about the android os (im new) but it seems the galaxy s' are the easiest to root

11. Bearly

Bearly Well-Known Member

What's the Samsung Keypad and what makes it so great?

I have:

Droid X multi-touch
    Swype with TTS mic
    Swiftkey (love this)
    Stock Sense keyboard

12. oPEEPINGTOMo

oPEEPINGTOMo Well-Known Member

as much as i have been wanting this phone it is dumb how every version of it is broken in some way

Fascinate... no google... cant use bing for the direct voice search navigation... no samsung keyboard

Captivate/Vibrant = broken GPS

I don't get it. This phone is newer than the incredible and cant even do something simple that the incredible can do such as voice nav

A phone can play videos and games better all day long but if it doesnt do the necessities better what good are the games and videos?

Such a nice looking piece of hardware, great screen, fast, etc... why do this? I know rooting is an option, but what about for people who just want to buy their phone and want it to work. One of the things ive liked about android was this voice search navigation... this is going to be my first android phone, and basically i won't even be able to use it without rooting the phone from the looks of it, while the vibrant and captivate alternatives will... it doesnt make any sense

13. TheAlmightyDrew

I just don't understand it. Every other Galaxy S phone has it. Why not the Fascinate? And its not like its some extra feature. Its the freaking standard Samsung keyboard....

14. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

Well it will work when you buy it. One its a phone if you want gps then go buy a gps this a phone and people are making to much out of it because now it wont do voice nav boo hoo hoo. Geeze you can still use google maps and if you dont want to root or leave it how it is then wait for something else to come out

15. Droidus

Droidus Well-Known Member

The first two videos are so terribly executed. The guy not being able to read, the light washing out the screens, the pic/vid comparison straight from the phones...etc.
    Oh well, will look forward to some good sites releasing their review videos this week.

16. Billy_617

at first the bing didnt seem bad.. now its starting to get to me ; i really dont want to root it (i like to have it the way i want when i buy it) i used to have to re jailbreak my iphone everytime there was a new software update & id lose everything.. whatever though ill hope for the best & I WANT THE SAMMY HEADPHONES THAT COME WITH EVERY OTHER GALAXY S :mad:

17. Blue218

Blue218 Well-Known Member

I just got back from a vacation and I used the Google turn by turn navigation on my Eris 2.1 a lot.....this bing junk very easily could end up being a deal breaker....I guess I could just wait even longer for another phone. What the hell were they thinking?

18. eleazar

eleazar Well-Known Member

I'm confused. I thought you could 100% download google voice nav on ANY android 2.1+ phone. It's an app on the market, not one that HAS to be bundled with a new device.

Am I mistaken?

19. substring

substring Well-Known Member

Yes, you can download Google Navigation on your phone. It just cannot be launch by the "Search" soft key. You have to launch it by clicking the icon on the home screen.

20. eleazar

eleazar Well-Known Member

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. I have never launched it using the "Search" soft key, so I guess I won't be missing anything, lol.

21. Badmf222

Badmf222 Member

22. Redbird1

Redbird1 Well-Known Member

GPS not working? Ouch!

Hopefully there's a fix coming, or he just had a defective unit.

23. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

Actually, there is another galaxy s that is missing the samsung keyboard. The epic 4g. Maybe it can be ported like the other android keyboards

24. TheAlmightyDrew

Wow. I didn't know that. I am going to go to the Epic 4G forums to see if anyone has tried to port the Samsung Keyboard to the Epic.

25. hanano17

hanano17 Well-Known Member

I'm sure you can get the apk for it somewhere, but I won't be bothering as I use Smart Keyboard Pro and like it a lot.