Handing the keys to the Castle overGeneral

Last Updated:

1. g60madman

g60madman Well-Known Member Developer

All,

It's been a pleasure and an honor serving you all and seeing the Triumph through the ups and downs here on Android Forums. As of this morning I purchased the HTC Evo V 4G on VM. After using CM9 for months and also using my Nexus 7 with JB I just can't not move back to CM7 with a working Camera on the Triumph. I have moved all the github repo's over to Chaishot to manage MTDEV, from this point forward with the rest of Team MTDEV. I will still be keeping one of my Triumph phones and when I get C++ down I plan on spending more time on the Camera if Team MTDEV does not solve it first!!

Also now that I will have more time I will also be contacting Motorola based on the petition that everyone has signed (THANK YOU ALL!!) and see if I can't get the camera sources and also HDMI sources for Team MTDEV. Even though I am moving to a different phone doesn't mean I am leaving the forums or the Team. Just a change of pace. So here is to the future of MTDEV!!!

Advertisement
  2. MikeRL

MikeRL Well-Known Member

Whew! For a minute there I thought the Triumph was toast! Looks like we still have a future. Viva! All hail the new King, Chairshot! Thank you madman for ensuring a steady transition. :)
  3. g60madman

You bet I have to much blood sweat and tears invested in this damn Phone to just quite the Triumph :D
  4. danielkeyes45

danielkeyes45 Active Member

g60, thanks for all of your hard work. I just want to check/clarify - Are you losing your $25/month plan? I think that is the case, but just want to check.
  5. g60madman

Yeah I lost it a while back as I was eating to many minutes I am back on the $45.00 plan. For me, VM is fine in my area and cheap enough. I talk a lot on the phone so need the minutes.
  6. Rcarnes91

Rcarnes91 Well-Known Member

Looks like the Triumph is starting it's final spiral, sorry to see you go g60 but hanging around on a dead phone wont get you any where
  7. b_randon14

b_randon14 Well-Known Member Developer

I am also moving on as well to the s2. Me and my wife just bought two today!

But I plan on keeping tbthis phone to dev on. I love developing for this phone and plan on continuing to dev for this phone as much as I can! I am also trying go learn c++ as well!!
    rcsrich likes this.
  8. mattbodin

mattbodin Well-Known Member

thanks for the time you put in g60. ide probably go to the evo v if i had the 150 too but i went out of town for the weekend and spent all my money, bad timing...
  9. rcsrich

rcsrich Well-Known Member

Well, s**t! The MT is losing one of its bestest buds. :(

Had to happen some time tho, & a heartfelt thanks for all you've done for "the little phone that could".

Best of luck with the new phone bro & see you 'round the forums... :)
  10. rcsrich

rcsrich Well-Known Member

Come on into the Samsung pool- the water's fine! :)
  11. sikk66

sikk66 Well-Known Member

G60, thank you so much for all your hard work on the Triumph! You really worked hard on this phone, and I know the community as a whole really appreciated it! The Triumph MVP award no doubt goes to you! :)

Do you plan on doing any development for the Evo now that you're switching?
  12. Izzard

Izzard Well-Known Member

Well, we all knew it's coming. The only reason why Triumph is still alive is $25 dollar plan.
    Thank you for your hard work.
  13. MikeRL

MikeRL Well-Known Member

I would switch to the GS2, but I cannot stand VM after what they've done to us. For about the same price, I could get an unlocked Google phone. I will probably switch to T Mobile in a year or two. But I will remain on the Triumph for a while. I would be getting T Mobile prepaid. But I need to wait a while and save up some money. Triumph is awesome thanks to MTDEV. So expect me to hang around for quote a while longer. :D
  14. TheBritton

TheBritton Resident Galaxy Cat

With all of the dev support this phone has, this phone is very much alive and well.

Who would have known when the Triumph debuted that it would end up being one of the most wonderful jounrney of experiences to own. Certainly, looking at the issues it had right out of the box with its stock Froyo, no one could have ever expected such excitement, support, and togetherness that this little phone would create in the community. As crazy as it sounds, this phone has been an emotional experience for me. It was the first phone that I ever flashed a ROM on. I have worn out the F5 button on my keyboard because of this phone. No, I don't own the phone anymore but years down the road when phones are lightyears ahead of what they were now I'll be telling me grandkids "back in my day we had this phone called the Triumph and let me tell you I modded the hell out of that thing".
    I know this sounds like a eulogy for the phone, but it isn't. Just expressing my gratitude to everyone who has, is, and ever will work on this phone for all of us. The phone is alive and well and constantly getting better and better. I can't wait to pop in here and see that one of you guys has finally fixed this camera. What a day that will be! And it will happen. I know it will :)
    Why oh why developers like the guys we have here can't work at these corporate phone companies, I'll never know, because they have made the phone a hell of a lot better than what Motorola left us with.
    I have donated my Triumph to one of the MTDEV gurus in hopes that it can provide progress as well as a small payback for the joy MTDEV has brought me. Thanks.
  15. BSydz

BSydz Well-Known Member Developer

Thanks for all the work you have put in to this phone and community. Hate to see you go, but the torch seems to always stay lit, and able to be passed on with this phone, somebody is always willing to try to work on this phone, it's crazy. Thanks for all the info you have shared throughout these forums. I'm sure a break is definitely needed, it is so time consuming fishing through code. Good luck on future projects.
  16. Mancow60

Mancow60 Well-Known Member

Thank you for all your work g60. You breathed new life to the Triumph and you have also paved the way for the other great Devs that we have. Thank you so much and good luck with your HTC EVO V, you deserve it.:)
  17. Steve 3.x

Steve 3.x New Member

I finally got my hands on a Nexus 4! :D

I'd like to thank you and all the other Devs who have fine tuned the Triumph into a workable device. We all know it's not a great phone. Heck, it's questionable if it's even a good one. But you guys made it usable for the masses. Something Moto refused to do.

So long and thank you for all the fish!
  18. shiv81

shiv81 Well-Known Member

The minute this thread was created, the Triumph's value just went down. ;-)
  19. titan87

titan87 Member

Thanks for all the hard work you put into this device, you made it so my GF could actually enjoy the phone.