• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Handling sub menus from a Listview?

Orby

Lurker
Mar 23, 2011
Hi All,
I'm very new to Android and need some help with an App i'm developing. I have 4 arrays defined in an XML File in the res/values folder of my project in Eclipse. The first array is contains 3 items which is displayed in a ListView as part of my Main Menu which is a ListActivity.

For each item displayed in the main menu i would like to display a sub menu depending on which item the user selects. Each sub menu will correspond to one of the other arrays in my XML File and will need to allow the user to select multiple items and return the selected items.

Just wondering if a need to create a separate activity for each sub menu? How can i handle the selection of multiple items and pass them back to the main class??

Thanks in advance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones