Hands Free Music Beta Testers Needed

Last Updated:

1. QuackWare

QuackWare Member This Topic's Starter

Hi All,

I am looking for beta testers for my new and first android application, Hands Free Music. I would like to have as many bugs squashed as I can before I release it to the app store so that is why I need your help.

A little about the application:

It is a hands free music application where you say the song, artist, or album name and it plays the songs based on what it heard. You can then set options to shuffle the remaining songs or simply pick another song with your voice.

Please either email me at QuackWare (at) gmail.com or make a post here:

Beta Testers for Hands Free Music

If you are interested in helping out, send me an email or simply search "Hands Free Music" in the app store.

I really need testers with different phones (I only have a moto droid) and different Android OS's (Note: Google voice search is required!)

Thanks,

QuackWare

Advertisement
  2. louisd11

louisd11 Member

Can this stream music? If it could go hand in hand with subsonic then this app would be very useful.

3. QuackWare

QuackWare Member This Topic's Starter

I am thinking of incorporating other sources rather then simply the media stored on the local device. My first though was youtube since it is the most prominent but I will make sure to pursue other ideas.

By the way, the app is now in the app-store, just search "Hands Free Music"

4. firegold21

firegold21 Active Member

Just downloaded and tried it out. It worked great when I tried playing an individual song, but when I tried to do a playlist, following the directions shown when the mic is tapped, it often will not recognize the word "playlist." I tried making a bind so I could say "play" and have it replaced with "playlist," but it tends to not recognize that word either. Most of the time, anyway. When it doesn't pop up that it couldn't find "lane sleep" or whatever, it comes up with a list of the songs in the playlist that you then have to click.

I'd prefer that it start with the first song in the list and have an option to change it once it's playing. Maybe tap the mic again and then say "random" or "shuffle" or "next track"?

Also, is there an option to go by artist instead of song name? If not, might that be something to add in the next version? I know I'd like to pull up all songs by a given artist sometimes and have it play like a playlist.

Speaking of playlists, I just let it go to the next song after selecting an individual song (not by calling up a playlist) and it wasn't able to read the ID3 tags. Instead of the song title and artist/album name, it said "Unable to set song text." When I selected that song specifically, out of the list of songs in a playlist, it was able to display the song text. As well as the next song's text.

I'm intending this for use in the car, so when I get a chance, I'll see how well it works with the background noise of the car. Always the acid test of voice recognition stuff, right? ;)

I'm using a Samsung Fascinate, btw. Unrooted and still on 2.1.

5. TVCCS

TVCCS Well-Known Member

I have an LG Optimus V running Froyo 2.2.1 stock. Here's what I found:

1) The app is listed in the app store here, but the image SKU doesn't work.

2) I found the app on the Market by name. There is a similar app called Car Tunes out there that will load to the card, Hands Free does not. For those of us with memory challenged phones, that's a big deal. I do note your app is way smaller, so the net impact on the phone's RAM may be the same. In looking, it pretty much is.

3) I downloaded the app, and spoke/ran it for the first time. It came back with a list of every song on the card. Not so good.

Good luck on this one. By the way, I am using the Svox TTS engine, rather than Pico, because of volume/distortion issues with Google Nav and Pico.

And...your app loads an icon in the bar...I don't know if that can be switched off, but hopefully it can.