2. trpt

trpt Member

Wish the screen was bigger...

3. Snipe315

Snipe315 Member

Never mind

4. jinwons

jinwons Well-Known Member

Well, I'm interested in this one if the spec is right for me. If the screen size is 3.5" or bigger and it comes with android 2.2 on board, then it seems to be a nice smaller alternative to Fascinate. Does any one know about its spec?

5. Droiddude24

Droiddude24 Well-Known Member

6. jinwons

According to that site, it's coming with android 2.2. That's great if true. It's coming with 2.2 even earlier than Fascinate.

7. jinwons

Now I'm only curious about its screen size. If it's about 3.5~3.7", that's nearly perfect phone for me as it will fit in pocket better than Fascinate and drain less power.

8. Jbuch84

Jbuch84 Active Member

How would it drain less power? It has two screens...one that is almost constantly on. still a neat concept, just not sure the practicality of it.

9. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

IMO a 4" screen is the sweet spot, so I would pass on 3'5 or 3'7. And from what i'm reading, it looks to be a mid range device! As far a power goes, I think the smaller screen would always be pulling battery Juice from always being on. But I got to say the Fascinate has awesome batter life, so if this is anything close, it'll be a winner!

10. jinwons

What makes you think that small small screen is always on? I may be wrong, but I guess it's on for only short time to display time/data, notifications, news headlines, etc, when touched. Is there any confirmation on this?

Also it looks like the combined area of big and small screen is probably 4". So the big top screen is a little smaller than 4" and drain less power if small screen is not on together. Just my thoughts...

11. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

I like the news ticker int he small screen and would love to see that as a widget for the Galaxy S line when 2.2 comes.

12. jinwons

Does anyone know when it comes out? There are some conflicting reports from phone sites, 10/29 and 11/10.
    Also some of you probably saw the news that Samsung will announce Google experience phone in NY on 11/08, and some people speculate it will be just Continuum. I hope it's not.

13. RadYOacTiVe

RadYOacTiVe Well-Known Member

Would this mean there is no Bing?

14. jinwons

The Continuum will have the Bing for sure as seen in photos, video. If that mysterious Google Experience phone to be announced on 11/08 is indeed a surprise new phone like "Next Two", then it will have stock Gingerbread without Bing.

15. jinwons

16. gilgehmesh

gilgehmesh Well-Known Member

It's too bad that you can't use the entire 4" screen on the phone for whatever you want. IF you add the 96 pixels at for the ticker and I'm guessing about the same for the four standard google button area, we would actually have a 992x480 4" screen (2.07:1 ratio). Now that would be really sweet for playing movies! I don't know if the google button area is actually painted over or just a part of the screen but it would be awesome if it wasn't and someone could hack to use the entire 4" of the screen for everything and get rid of the "ticker". You would have the highest resolution Android phone than. At 476160 pixels, almost rivaling iPhone4's screen for resolution and when playing a really wide screen movie, more resolution! I pray that the google button area is not painted over.

17. jinwons

I don't think the button area in between two screens is part of big screen. It looks like two separate screens. But the bigger 3.4" screen with 800X480 resolution is surely of higher pixel density than 4" screen Galaxy S phones as you said.

I'm a little disppointed that it's coming with android 2.1 at this time and priced the same as Fascinate. I was hoping it would be priced below 150.