Handscent/ sms question

Last Updated:

1. amarc1

amarc1 Member This Topic's Starter

OK, Installed and love handscent, where in settings can I stop the quick message thingy from popping up. I want just all my text to go through handscent SMS and not that quick message thing that keeps popping up.Signed Droid challenged :cool:

Advertisement
  2. eyebeam

eyebeam Well-Known Member

I think this is what you're talking about... Open Handcent to the conversations screen, hit menu > settings > and uncheck enable pop-up.

3. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

If you're referring to the "pop up" then the above is correct. But, I think you might mean that messages are continuing to come through in "Messages". You go in to the native "Messages" app, and disable all notifications. At this time, there is no way to uninstall it, or prevent it from being used. Essentially, you're just quieting it down.

4. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

I too just installed it on my droid. I have figured that out, but what my problem is is the battery. When I installed Handcent SMS, I had 50% battery left. After a mere hour of using it to talk to my girlfriend, I now only have 10% battery life left.

I have checked and do not have anything running that would be draining my battery (such as music, videos, gps, wifi, etc). Is this normal for Handcent or have I not set it up properly?

I turned off notifications in the default messaging app and turned off pop up notifications.

Thanks,
    Kratos

5. amarc1

amarc1 Member This Topic's Starter

All of your post helped, yes I had to disabled the message setting. Dont have a battery issue. However with all this thing does I dont expect it to last as long as a non 3G phone.

6. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Assuming it's Handcent isn't the best approach to troubleshooting (coincidental!=causal). What does your battery info screen say?