Handsent appSupport

Last Updated:

1. billy1561

billy1561 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone on Handsent exerienced any anonymous text messages? I keep getting one and it shows the sender as a little squiggle sort of thing?

Advertisement
  2. Mubble

Mubble Well-Known Member

I only get this when I turn the phone off and on. There will be an anonymous text waiting.

3. billy1561

Yes i get it after switching the phone off and back on too. Puzzling :confused:

4. RetroDude

RetroDude Well-Known Member

Never had it, but it didnt send a text last night. Had signal and everything

5. tef89

tef89 Well-Known Member

The anonymous text is an sms stored to the sim card. If, like me, you're on orange these will be voicemail message notifications sent to the phone. It's a characteristic of the phone/android (not sure which) that it stores these on the sim, if you delete them in Handcent they stay hidden until you reboot the phone then the Handcent app reloads it.

The way to kill them is to go into the stock Message app, Menu, Settings 'Manage SIM Card messages' and delete it there.

billy1561 likes this.
  6. billy1561

That's great thanks for the information. Unfortunately for me the stock message app has vanished from my screen. Don't suppose you know where to find it again? Thanks again.
    Edit: Found it now. It was actually an sms for multimedia message. Cheers.

7. billy1561

Has anybody noticed any lag while typing out a message recently? Sometimes the lag is so bad i end up retyping only to see it appear twice! And i am not a quick typist before anyone suggests that lol.