handsent appGeneral

Last Updated:

1. HAT MAN

HAT MAN Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

handsent problems
    I have read and tried but it still is not working. I have handsent and love it hands down because i have verizon and very often send 160+ texts. I un installed it cause I cant get the phone to stop sending me 2 notices 1 from handsent and one from default. i have clicked off the notice for the default but still get it.

What am I doing wrong, I need the 160+ feature but can't stand getting double texts all the time?

Vinny

Advertisement
  2. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

are you sure you turned off notifications in the default app? if you are sure, after that, go to your contact and try to send a text from there. a pop up should come up asking what app to use, click default, then handcent, and you should be set.

3. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member

Make sure that the native app not only has the notifications disabled, but also is set to not update.

4. HAT MAN

HAT MAN Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

If i was rich I would pay you for the help you give on here, since Rich is not in my future A THANK YOU VERY MUCH will have to do !!

5. rb3350

rb3350 Member

I too thank you guys. Follow up question - under settings of the native app should "auto retrieve" be checked or unchecked after you uncheck notifications? PS where do you set it "not to update"? Thanks again.

6. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

auto retrieve i would leave on. this controls downloading mms files, so if you set handcent to auto download, if that setting is off on the stock app, it will block it, and you will think you are crazy...that is never fun.