• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Handset #5 has Perfect GPS Accuracy..The Bottom 4 Keys Are Another Story..

Im wondering now if the GPS problem is really a problem with the way the individual phone is "tuned" at the factory, Its not the software thats for sure. I'm sure I have the same software as everyone else and my other 4 handsets had. I noticed that all 4 prior phones had a varying degree of GPS accuracy. This one #5 is spot on and quick to "fix" in my locations. I have a large home and tested the handset in my house last night and watched it track me through the rooms with spot on accuracy without fail. So I say why is this phone different? It has to be the way its tuned at the factory, if you notice when you take the battery door off there are a bunch of little holes around the battery compartment these are manual tuning pots for various phone functions and I'm guessing one is for the GPS. If my handset is accurate there is no other reason besides bad final tuning of the GPS system causing another handset to be inaccurate. Now if my bottom 4 keys were only as sensitive as my GPS I would be totally happy with my Epic.

XTC:

Normally, I wouldn't suggest that people pay $7 a month for insurance on top of other carrier fees, but in your case, it seems a given you'd want it until you found an Epic that worked for you. I might be newer to Sprint than most forum members, but I've been told repeatedly that, with insurance, they'll simply swap out your phone for the same model if you have any real trouble with it.

For most of us, 30 days is enough time to make sure the basic hardware is correct. But you, my friend, have had such dismal luck that you should probably pay the extra money to be able to exchange your hardware until you're satisfied.

Once you've found Ms. Right, you can stop paying the insurance immediately. They'll stop billing you that day and you can then start a thread about the orgasmic pleasure you're experiencing with your ultimate Epic. It will be like The Bachelor, only with identical phones instead of women who look very different.

Upvote 0
XTC:

Normally, I wouldn't suggest that people pay $7 a month for insurance on top of other carrier fees, but in your case, it seems a given you'd want it until you found an Epic that worked for you. I might be newer to Sprint than most forum members, but I've been told repeatedly that, with insurance, they'll simply swap out your phone for the same model if you have any real trouble with it.

For most of us, 30 days is enough time to make sure the basic hardware is correct. But you, my friend, have had such dismal luck that you should probably pay the extra money to be able to exchange your hardware until you're satisfied.

Once you've found Ms. Right, you can stop paying the insurance immediately. They'll stop billing you that day and you can then start a thread about the orgasmic pleasure you're experiencing with your ultimate Epic. It will be like The Bachelor, only with identical phones instead of women who look very different.

Thanks, I do carry Sprint's coverage on the phone so im good.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones