• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

handset freezing in certain parts help please

bartjunited

Nov 24, 2009
Guys

Ive been having all sorts of fun & games with my phone over the last few days.

Started on Tuesday when i got the TMobile System Update come up on my phone (ihave a branded TMobile Hero).

I accepted the download & then tried to install it & it failed, it would get about half way through & then stop with a triangle & exclamation mark.

After speaking to HTC & TM about this HTC advised to install the latest stock Rom the 2.73xxxx release & then try again. Did that & it worked, however i saw no change on the phone.

what did start to happen during this time (over 2 days) was that the handset starting to freeze in certain places. So on the home screen I suddenly couldnt press the "Phone" button or either button either side. If i went into a text messgae i could type the text but no SPACE as that button wouldnt work so it was only affecting the buttons at the bottom.

Spoke to HTC thsi morning about this & they advised to install the stock ROM again & ignore the update for now.

SO i thought lemme try the de-brand method, whcih I did succesafully but abfter reboot I didnt get asked to download any system updates.

However the freeezing still carried on in the same areas (affecting the buttons at the bottom of the screen.

Btw this freezing seems to intermittent, it will freeze for long periods & then suddenly start working again.

So i thought seeing as debranding didnt bring me any new updates I may as well just revert to the stock rom 2.73xxx for TM.

Done this just now and guiess what ------------- yes the damn handset is still freezing in those areas.

As you can imagine this means I cant even use the phone as a phone properly.

Dunno what the hell to do apart from send it to HTC.

Anyone had similar issues or can offer me some advice PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE

TIA Bart

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones