Handy Ascend Download LinksGeneral

1. Scur

Scur Well-Known Member

Miss the Gmail notifications on your widgets? I added the last Gmail.apk (2.3.4.1) that allowed 3rd party widgets and dock icons to show notifications and counters. (Generally speaking, you should uninstall Gmail, install this one, uninstall your launcher, widget, whatever, then re-install it.)
    KOLIO likes this.
  2. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

PG must of fixed it. Before both 09 builds defaulted at 710
  3. Scur

Scur Well-Known Member

Huh, didn't know that.
  4. antstattoos

antstattoos New Member

I need camera apk. I deleted this after rooting wifes phone. If anyone has this I'd be very grateful. Thanks!
  5. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

Here I pulled this out of CM7 so Im not positive it will work on stock but Im pretty sure it will.

Camera.apk
    tonyjoe and Scur like this.
  6. kingjay2012

kingjay2012 Well-Known Member

In the hand-scripts section of this post, what is the download link LAZY-ASS consist of meaning what is it about and what does it do? Oh and how can your phone benefit from it?
  7. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

Scur and Kuzco like this.
  8. Scur

Scur Well-Known Member

Click it. It links to the source forum post, it's not a download link. He explains it better than I could.
  9. kingjay2012

kingjay2012 Well-Known Member

how do you flash the clockworkmod recovery on your phone? i believe its the 5.0.2.3 i believe...
  10. Kuzco

Kuzco Well-Known Member

Same way as the other ones, I used it, and don't recommend it, it wouldn't mount my SD EXT, I prefer 3.0.2.8.
    KOLIO likes this.
  11. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

+1

i wouldn't go past this recovery with the ascend. (IMO);)
    Kuzco likes this.
  12. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

Yeah Im having troubles with 5.0.2.3 backing up my ext. too I talked to PG he said its should save the ext as a .tar but its not saving anything ext wise and I get stuck in a boot loop everytime I try to restore
    Kuzco likes this.
  13. Scur

Scur Well-Known Member

Added some links, including AppExtractor and Droid Explorer. I think AppExtractor will work for the Ascend, it will let you pull apps, data, settings, etc. from your nandroid backups and install them. Very handy tool, there. Let me know if it works, since my Ascend is MIA right now.
    Kuzco and KOLIO like this.
  14. Scur

Scur Well-Known Member

Anyone know what OC setting that PG's 0912 defaults to?
  15. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

They both were defaulting @710 Thats what mine defaults at but I downloaded it and flashed it like an hour after he threw it up so he may have fixed it since then.
  16. Can0dope

Can0dope Well-Known Member

Last I heard, KingJay (I think) said they were defaulting to 600 now. Mine defaults to 710...
  17. Scur

Scur Well-Known Member

Yeah, I flashed 0913 the other day and it defaulted to 710, but the version had been sitting on my card. I may just grab a fresh dl and give it a try out of curiosity...

edit: Yeah, it still defaults to 710. Which is fine, since it's one less thing to remember to do.
    Can0dope likes this.
  18. Scur

Scur Well-Known Member

Heard about snappzmarket, added it, really checked it out, deleted it. Seems too shady to me.
  19. Can0dope

I was wondering if you could put links to certain .apk's, like the new market and Google Music... The stuff that's "not compatible with the Ascend". That way I can be lazy and not have to search. Lol.
  20. Scur

Scur Well-Known Member

Done. Any others, lazyass?

edit: Tried to install Google Music 4.0.1.501 on the Ascend and it wouldn't install. It runs on my X2, though.
    The 4.0.9 would actually install, but it just FCs. I doesn't install on my X2 at all.
    Have any idea how to get either running?
    Can0dope likes this.
  21. Can0dope

Thanks. :D

And I haven't been able to get any of them to work lately. Matter of fact, that is what is to blame for all the flashing back to stock, etc, nonsense I've been dealing with. Lol. I tried to install the newest version and it caused me to go into a bootloop, and then every version I've found since then has done the same. I used to have a working version, but can't find it now. :(

And of course, my dumb ass hasn't done a backup in months. :rolleyes:
  22. Scur

Scur Well-Known Member

Ah, I wondered what was up. Well, I ditched the 4.x ones on there, and threw up 3.0.1 instead.

edit: just tried it out, works fine on my CM7 0913
    Can0dope likes this.
  23. Scur

Scur Well-Known Member

That's the newest market btw, and it works on the Ascend. The only big difference is when you flash a new ROM or phone or something, it will automatically install all your apps as soon as you log into it for the first time.
    Can0dope likes this.
  24. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

Scur and Can0dope like this.