Hanging IssueSupport

Last Updated:

1. kissnanna

kissnanna Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I'm new to Android and the forum, so hello! Just gotten the Xperia X8 for a week. I've been experiencing some ''hanging issues'' with the phone. It usually happens if 3G Internet (data) is running, and I happen to press the 'standby' button (on top of the phone). After that, the phone sometimes hangs for several minutes with a seemingly black screen (it's actually still running but is freezing just like some old PCs might). Only solution is to wait for several minutes, or to take out the cover and battery and restart the phone.

I've also been experiencing hanging issues playing some games. Angry Birds for example. Always nearly hangs at some point. Is it a game issue or a phone issue? Happens to some other games too but not as frequently.

Do you suppose it's a processor, ram issue (as in the phone is simply too slow to handle some tasks) or is it a possible defect? Appreciate any comments, or if others have the same issues, to share your experiences?

Advertisement
    anucsin likes this.
  2. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

I have an X8 and haven't had that problem. The only thing I can think to suggest is to try a repair via Sony Ericsson Update Service. This will wipe your phone back to factory status and will hopefully repair any software issues. Make sure you have your numbers saves / synced first tho!

If this doesn't solve the problem I would suggest taking it to your local service centre to be looked at under warranty.

3. muzik_demon

muzik_demon Member

Havent had the first problem yet.
    But while playing games like fruit ninja or angry birds,the application sometimes hangs up and i have to force close or kill it.

4. foookie

foookie New Member

I have experiered the same problem with games. usually with abduction 2, fruit ninja, angrybirds and other games. i can play for like 2 minutes then the game usually hangs or freeze. but while its freezing/hanging i can still use the phone. its just that the game freeze/hang.

5. Blitzkri3g

Blitzkri3g Well-Known Member

I d suggest bad coding of these specific games.
    Angry Birds in particular is famous for this hanging issue.
    I say dont worry too much about it.
    N.

6. kissnanna

Thanks for the suggestions. Of course these are options to be contemplated, if the problems become too severe. But I am also following some posts on the SE main community forum and there have been others reporting the same issues. So one thing we can almost be certain is that this is probably not an isolated case (as in this being one faulty phone). It is more likely either a batch problem or simply a design flaw for the X8. The more cases being reported, the more I am suspecting it is a RAM issue, ie. the ram in the X8 is simply not enough to support running some applications. Or perhaps it is a software conflict or some such.

Yes, the games,while fun are not a really a priority. As others suggested perhaps this version of Angry Birds could possibly have some coding issues. But the problem is being duplicated on other games, according to other reports (I've only played Angry Birds thus far). So again, coding issues might not really explain it.

The more critical problem is the first. So far I have not had another case of that happening. Will update if it happnes again (hope not :) )

7. hami

hami Member

i have the same problem with the movies, during play a movie, my X8 will hanging or restarting!!!! :(

8. kissnanna

Sadly, the 'black screen' hanging issue is still occurring every now and then since. Do you suppose I should bring it to the service centre? I am afraid they won't do anything other than perhaps update the software and give it back to me.

9. kissnanna

For the benefit of other users, just want to report that these issues are resolved with the 2.1 update. No more black screens and Angry Birds don't hang anymore! Cheers! :)

10. restituto

restituto New Member

Gud day! I have the same issues, phone crashes and restart while playing game. I have already updated my x8 to android 2.1. :(