Hanging up on call waiting and conference calling

1. Linx

Linx Well-Known Member

Is there a way to hang up on one call during call waiting or conference calling? Seems that whenever I have two calls going on, I can't hang up on one caller unless they hang up. If I try pressing the end button then I hang up on both callers. I know this was a issue with 1.5 but has it been fixed with 2.1? And if so, how do you go about doiong it?

Advertisement
  2. Lozer_Kid

Lozer_Kid Well-Known Member

I used to have the same problem with my HTC diamond but I couldn't figure that out!
  3. Kataclysmic

Kataclysmic Well-Known Member

Ugh, I have this problem all the time! I'd love to find an answer.
  4. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™

C&P

You are doing everything correctly. To switch back from one call to another, you should press the talk button. If you press
  5. glen4cindy

glen4cindy Well-Known Member

I had the same problem with my Instinct. I don't think YOU can end ONE of the calls once you accept a call on call waiting. The caller has to end the call while you stay connected to the other caller, or you have to disconnect from both callers at the same time.
  6. Linx

Linx Well-Known Member

Well this is what I experienced. I tried making a call the other day before doing the latest update. With the terrible call lag I was getting, I ended up receiving a call from a buddy during the wait of my first call to go through. So I answer his call and within about 15 seconds of our conversation my original call connected in conference mode. Couldn't figure out how to end it before the person answered but no luck. Now I have 2 people on the phone who don't know each other. In a panic I hung up on both of them. I had the same problem with my instinct too.
  7. sprint7603

sprint7603 New Member

Hi,
    I just got my first android, an Intercept. I've noticed that if I have one call connected and another calls, I can't hang up on them. They can hang up and leave, but if I connect to the incoming caller, it hangs up on the first caller and connects the second caller. Alternatively if I just don't acknowledge the second caller they go to voicemail and my first caller also gets hung up on. Is there something I can do to fix this? I'm still pretty new to android and generally loving it, just need this fixed as I get second calls all the time and this will not work for me.
  8. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™

That should not be happening, if you are on a call and someone calls you in the process, you can either answer that call by hitting answer, or the green phone button, now once you do so the caller you were on with should be put on hold, once done with your new call, then you either hit menu/flash, or hit the green phone button, or tap the screen to your caller on hold, those are the 3 ways to get back to your original caller, if for any reason you forgot you had a caller on hold and did hang up, it will call you back and show up as unknown caller and hit answer and you have your caller back, but whenever you switch between callers and one does hang up, it still shows them as being on hold with the HTC Hero, this is something they should fix, but don't worry about being charge extra airtime, because if they hung up then your call is done, but still will show as on hold so do not worry, hope this helped you out