• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hangout requests from people I do not know?

stanw

Aug 5, 2010
I received two Hangout requests from people that I do not know. I do have a Youtube channel with subscribers though.

1. What is a Hangout request? Is this simply so they can chat with me through hangouts?

2. Is there a way to determine if it is spam? Is there a way to see who they are?

Thanks.

@ all:

is there an option to prevent people that are not listed in my contacts from adding me without rejecting each request?

https://plus.google.com/settings has a section for "Who can hangout with you". Click the Customize button and you can change settings for people you know as well as people you don't, and you can also untick a checkbox to disable Hangout Request notifications (which should effectively ignore them).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones