• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Hangouts (Voice) Phone Call Not Ringing Watch

iwoloschin

Nov 27, 2011
Somerville, MA
So my wife called my Google Voice number today, which after the latest Hangouts update no longer forwards to my "phone" but instead just rings as a Hangouts call via VoIP, so I don't use minutes. I noticed that my Moto360 did not turn on and alert me to the incoming phone call via Hangouts. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm suspecting it's an oversight from the recent changes, but I'm not sure if I'm missing something else.

I get Hangouts messaging notifications, including pictures if applicable, but I don't seem to get a notification regarding an incoming voice call. It feels like someone at Google forgot to add in Android Wear notifications to Hangouts voice calls, but I'm not certain.

I do get notification of a "regular" incoming phone call, but the only people that call that number anymore are scammers, so I basically ignore all calls to that number.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones