Hangups during call!

Last Updated:

1. Chuck1906

Chuck1906 Well-Known Member

This is really starting to annoy me and can't figure out why my touchscreen stays active while on a phone call. I have lost several calls due to my face hitting either the END button or the MUTE button on the phone during a call. Why can't the screen LOCK when your on a call and If I need to search for something while on the call then I can unlock it!

Is there an app that does this or a setting that will lock the screen during calls?

Advertisement
  2. 3devious

3devious Well-Known Member

I haven't found anything like that. I just kind of hold the phone to my ear but slightly away from my face. That used to happen to me so much that I had considered taking it back, but keeping the phone at a bit of an angle seems to help. That proximity sensor is really sensitive.

I am not entertaining the notion that I might have a big face! :mad:
  3. dougwilson2000

dougwilson2000 Well-Known Member

When you get a call just hit the home key. To return to the phone,pull down the notification tab
  4. JackT

JackT Well-Known Member

You could have a bad proximity sensor. There have been other users that recommend testing your sensor my holding your hand over the top portion of your phone during a call to see if it turns off the screen. If the screen doesn't turn off, you have a bad sensor and should return it to Verizon for a replacement. Other users have said that their hair has caused issues and they do the homescreen trick mentioned above.
  5. melissab

melissab Active Member

ScreenSuite app. I haven't had this problem since I started using it.
  6. BlueIce5249

BlueIce5249 Well-Known Member

I'd second this, you may have a bad sensor. The screen should turn off automatically when it's held to the side of your head. I've NEVER had a problem with my screen while in a call.

The only annoyance I've come across is trying to unlock the screen after you're done with a speaker phone call.
  7. bobbieko

bobbieko New Member

I am experiencing the same annoying problem. Additionally, I find that during the call my face is hitting numbers on the dialpad. Brings a whole new meaning to cheek-dialing! I've started using my headset as often as possible. I'll try the sensor test too. thanks.
  8. Spike760

Spike760 Well-Known Member

This used to happen to me a lot, but it doesn't really happen that much anymore, sometimes I hit the dialpad.

They told me it could also be due to long hair.

Otherwise you probably have a bad proxy sensor.