Happenings on the cliq not updatingSupport

Last Updated:

1. keylala

keylala Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone else had issues with the Happenings not updating by real time? Seems they are lagging behind. I can log on to my actual FB & Twitter and there is stuff there (new posts) not showing in my Happenings. But then 1-2 hrs later there are 38 updates which of course are all late. :(
    Just started noticing this after the update and changing my battery mgr settings. I've changed it back to performace mode but still the happenings are late.
    Any ideas or suggestions.....:confused:

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. elvatofromtmobile

elvatofromtmobile New Member

i would suggest to remove the facebook account and then readd the a ccount.. the last you want to do is also test your computer it full y access facebook or twittetr

3. MrMonty85

MrMonty85 New Member

I Just got the Motorola Cliq the other day because my G1 broke and they didn't have any other G1's at the time... But I have been having the same problem where my happenings and other apps like my news apps havent been updating so all my news is from like monday and is old news... I saw another forum with people having the same problem but no answers there... I like this phone its got some nice features but I want my G1 back I had less problems and could at least use the nav on google maps.

4. keylala

keylala Member This Topic's Starter

Wow, you should have gotten the Cliq XLT at least you would have had more features. Anyway what I ended up doing was taking Twitter off my happenings (never had myspace) and uninstall reinstall Facebook and its been keeping up to date. As for my Twitter in the market their is Twidroid which is a cool hig functioning twitter app. It let's you do everything and notify's you of new tweets along w/the number of them. So I'm cool" now if only I could exchande my cliq for the XLT I'd be really HAPPY! :D

5. s10shane

s10shane Member

i got the same problem with my cliq but it doesnt show my happenings for myspace anymore. i removed my account and reinstalled it and still does nothing. thats the 1st problem i had with it then i have issues seeing pics when people send them to me. sometimes i cant see the pics or i have to restart my phone so i can see them. but overall its a good phone. i hate texting on lame touch screen full keyboards. they all suck so far. i had the behold 2 and that keyboard blows. but maybe this new evo from sprint will be good since its really big. hate that the htc hd2 is running windows mobile and verizon's version and sprints is gonna run android, t mobile is stupid.

6. dmkjr

dmkjr Active Member

Check with your service provider. There has been known issues where the service provider was having data problems, which would cause the Happenings widget to not update properly.

Another alternative is to check with Motorola. There has also been times where Motorola was updating/refreshing their MotoBlur service. Just two months ago, the MotoBlur service was offline for roughly 48hrs.

Other than the occasional updates (potentially for the 2.1 release) the happenings widget updates itself frequently without fail.

7. s10shane

s10shane Member

oh ok i am just waiting for the 2.1... hoping it comes out real soon