Happy New Ally User

Last Updated:

1. LladyYas

LladyYas Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, My name is Angie. Just upgraded my verizon phone to the LG Ally last week, and so far I'm loving it. (Timing is everything, New Every Two + Online Exclusive Sale = free phone!)

I was coveting the Droid for a looooong time, I'll admit I was suckered in by the advertising. A friend picked it up day 1, and let me play with it... I decided it was a little heavy, didn't like the keyboard, and a little too expensive (plus my New Every Two wouldn't go into effect for another 6 mo).

Then the Incredible came out, and I was tempted again. After getting a chance to play with one in a Verizon store i decided me and touch-screens don't get along so well, I wanted a keyboard. Truth was, I had an LG enV 2 and I loved it; and really wasn't that eager to give it up.

Then Verizon announced the LG Ally. Made by the same company that made the phone I currently adored... slide out QWERTY, Android OS... played with one in the store and was instantly sold!

Still trying to figure some things out (that I'm discovering maybe just aren't possible yet.) A little annoyed that the Google Maps navigation goes through the phone speaker and not through Bluetooth Headset, but overall I'm really liking the phone (love the QWERTY, some key placement is a little different from the enV 2, but good tactile interface), and starting to really like Android.

Will continue to comb the forums for answers before asking questions :)

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Feel free to post your questions
    If there is a similar post, the system will suggest you look st then before writing your message. Don't worry about it. You can't lose! Welcome!

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk Pro