Happy ringtoneGeneral

1. molibdimum

molibdimum Active Member

Can anyone tell me why I cant choose the ''happy'' ringtone for texts?
    I could on the Wildfire.

Advertisement
    :
  2. notebook

notebook Well-Known Member

You need to copy the 'Happy' ringtone to the Notifications folder on the phone's SD card, then it will be available in the list of available 'Notifaction sounds'.

On the Desire S, different categories of tone are stored in different folders: /Notifications for SMS and email alerts, etc; /Ringtones for ringtones; /Alarms for alarms.

You can copy or transfer sound files to these folders via the USB cable, when it's connected to your computer, by mounting your phone as a disk drive (select this option when it appears on your phone). Then use Windows Explorer to navigate to your phone's SD card and copy/transfer the file(s) accordingly.

Alternatively, you can install an app like ASTRO File Manager, which works similarly to Windows Explorer, and do it all from your phone.
  3. molibdimum

molibdimum Active Member

Hi Notebook
    Thanks for the info but I cant find the relevant tone folders within the phone.
    Could you point me in the right direction please?
  4. notebook

My mistake. 'Happy' is stored on the phone's ROM (memory) as one of the default sounds, not the SD card. You'll need to download an app like ASTRO (see above) to copy this file to the SD card's Notifications folder.

With ASTRO you can find 'Happy.mp3' at /system/media/audio/ringtones/Happy.mp3 on your phone.
  5. molibdimum

molibdimum Active Member

Astro doesn't allow me to see the files either.

Any other methods?
  6. notebook

Open ASTRO > Press the 'Up' icon on the row of icons at the top until the row above indicates '/' > Press the 'Search' icon (the magnifying glass) > Enter 'Happy' in 'Name Contains' > Press the magnifying glass icon to search the whole of your phone > In the search result(s), you should see '/system/media/audio/ringtones/Happy.mp3' > Long press on this entry and select Open Directory > You should then see 'Happy' in a list of ringtones > Long press on Happy > Select Edit > Copy > Navigate to the /Notifications on your SD card and paste the file there.
  7. molibdimum

molibdimum Active Member

Phew done it....thanks very much for your help. :)