Happy versus Ditching the DROID

How many of you are Happy versus Ditching the DROID?

1. Yes I am very happy!

97.3%
  2. I am simply not happy with it/not up to par compared to my previous phone(s)

2.2%
  3. Too many major problems to trust it - I am ditching it!

0.5%

Last Updated:

1. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just like it says.
    If you feel like telling us why, and if you have a problem thread - referencing it please.
    If you think the DROID is no good and you posted a thread about the actual problem, it may be helpful to post it so everyone can look at the thread. (ie. My DROID crashed after a reboot) etc.
    Cheers - Nick

PS - some rep points would be awesome if you find this post helpful (I won't wh0re myself out again) ;)

Advertisement
  2. JediJesus

JediJesus Well-Known Member

I'm happy with it. I have only had problems when i'm using other home apps. Its a stellar phone.

3. rhyno

rhyno Well-Known Member

The wording of your thread confuses me but I am happy regardless:D

4. Berry2Droid

Berry2Droid Well-Known Member

I think its the best phone ever made already. Nevermind when they launch Flash player sometime soon..then its a definate wrap.

5. DR0ID

DR0ID Well-Known Member

happy i am versus ditching droid not because of happy

6. superdesi

superdesi Well-Known Member

The droid is like my BFF.....it knows my secrets!

7. Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

I had a chance this week to test it out on a trip from Cincinnati to New Orleans. It was outstanding! The GPS wasn't needed since the route is interstate all the way but we had to get off along the way to search for a store (a couple items I forgot). The GPS got us back on the interstate perfectly without having to go back the way we came.

While in New Orleans, we were debating walking to the Superdome. I put it in the navigation and put walking directions. We saw that it was about a mile and decided to walk instead of paying for a taxi.

We were in the Mariott and our friends wanted to go to a specific bar. The guy working in the Mariott said he didn't know where it was. I navigated again and took us right to it.

Calls were clear and text messages were immediate.

There is one spot on I-65 just south of Louisville, KY and down to the Tennessee border that is in an extended network. Everything else all the way through Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana was in the Verizon Network and perfect!

(I did a whole Facebook picture/diary of the trip. It was tons of fun and the facebook "friends" LOVED it!)

8. kg6epf

kg6epf Well-Known Member

Love it, but please oh please fix the Bluetooth issues!

9. sukanas

sukanas Well-Known Member

while the droid isnt the godlike phone, it certainly is the best phone on the market. also, of course droid has some random issues, but which other smartphones dont? even the 'so called' #1 smartphone, iphone, has its own issues.

10. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

Happy happy joy joy

11. Graz

Graz Well-Known Member

I think the results tell the story.

12. inssane

If you think the DROID is no good and you posted a thread about the actual problem, it may be helpful to post it so everyone can look at the thread. (ie. My DROID crashed after a reboot) etc.
    Does that help?

13. Thoraldus

Thoraldus Well-Known Member

The Droid has far exceeded my expectations. I am SO happy the Omnia II was late to the party and I decided to get the Droid. ;-)

14. CrackberryMike

CrackberryMike Active Member

I love how it started out, and it's only gonna get better.

15. superdesi

superdesi Well-Known Member

51 votes....all of them saying they are happy.....Is this thread needed lol?

16. inssane

Would you know this without this thread? No.

There are plenty of posts with major issues (not a ton, but a good amount), so it's nice to hear the good and effective learning to know the bad and consistency of the bad.

17. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

Oh happy daaaaaaaaay

Do you like polls?
    A) yes polls are better than sex!
    B) no, polls are the Devil's tools and the third sign of the rapture.
    C) a poll bankrupted me, foreclosed on my house, gave me a venereal disease and didn't even call me.

18. El Blacksheep

El Blacksheep Well-Known Member

With the Droid, every day is like Christmas morning. I wake up and there's application updates or new/recently discovered features to be had. I've been very actively personalizing my Droid since launch, and just today I decided to see "what's new."

1) Installed the 2.1 Gallery, Music app, Dock app, Genie widget, home screen, N1 boot screen, wallpapers, ringtones and notification sounds without rooting / installing 2.1. Didn't care much for the home replacement, but the rest fit right in.

2) Left Home++ for the stock 2.0.1 home. I must say it's much improved since 2.0, and I'm slowly getting re-accustomed to 3 screens. The performance boost over Home++ is astounding.

3) Guess this one doesn't count as something discovered today, but I was recently shocked that I was able to record a good quality vid outside at night with poor lighting and get a great result (recorded the Travis Pastrana jump on New Years. on a side note, there were 2 other Droid owners to my left and my right, and a 3rd one at the club I attended later that evening)

4) Read up on the Nexus, and found it's basically a T-mobile keyboardless Droid, only a "wee-bit better." That only makes me happier about my purchase.

19. shademar

shademar Well-Known Member

Love it. In the last few days on vacation Ive used espn radio to catch the end of a game we lost coming over the pass (while navigating), used pdanet to help me submit a critical file for work when I had no internet access, looked up ski conditions and restaurants and you tube clips of videos people were trying to describe, and yes, even made same calls.

20. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Well-Known Member

ROFL:D
    C'mon, OP! This thread is like walking into a church asking if everybody loves Jesus!*

PC Disclaimer: Randomly selected religion and it's associated building of worship selected for illustration purposes only.

21. inssane

I get mine on Tuesday so I don't know yet!
    :D

22. inssane

KFARR73---
    You voted not happy - would you mind telling us why?
    I won't tear you apart (unless you are trolling) :p
    Just want to know why.
    Nick

23. DroidRoid

DroidRoid Active Member

Don't get me wrong I think it is one of the best phones on the market, but I am having voice clarity problems with mine. Muffled, or compression issues. I have tried everything the forum has recommended and does not work. I am going to Verizon in an hour and see if they will replace it with another one. Hope that works, but until my phone is a phone I cannot be happy with it.
    FYI: I tried a test last night on the home answering machine. I have a fairly deep voice and the phone never seems to sound good, so I put my wife on (Her voice is not as deep as mine:p) and she sounded a lot better. I think there is a problem with the way it handles bass tones in the mic.:confused:

Anyway that's my two cents.

24. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

I was happy with the (2) DROIDs I had.
    I was happy I ditched the (2) DROIDs I had because of reception issues (well documented by threads I created).
    I am happier with the DROID's replacement.

25. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Naw. I have a deep voice too. Mine says great. Do you happen to have "Voice Privacy" checked in Settings > Call Settings?