• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Happy versus Ditching the DROID

How many of you are Happy versus Ditching the DROID?

• Total voters

inssane

Android Expert
Dec 17, 2009
Chi-Town
Just like it says.
If you feel like telling us why, and if you have a problem thread - referencing it please.
If you think the DROID is no good and you posted a thread about the actual problem, it may be helpful to post it so everyone can look at the thread. (ie. My DROID crashed after a reboot) etc.
Cheers - Nick

PS - some rep points would be awesome if you find this post helpful (I won't wh0re myself out again) ;)

I had a chance this week to test it out on a trip from Cincinnati to New Orleans. It was outstanding! The GPS wasn't needed since the route is interstate all the way but we had to get off along the way to search for a store (a couple items I forgot). The GPS got us back on the interstate perfectly without having to go back the way we came.

While in New Orleans, we were debating walking to the Superdome. I put it in the navigation and put walking directions. We saw that it was about a mile and decided to walk instead of paying for a taxi.

We were in the Mariott and our friends wanted to go to a specific bar. The guy working in the Mariott said he didn't know where it was. I navigated again and took us right to it.

Calls were clear and text messages were immediate.

There is one spot on I-65 just south of Louisville, KY and down to the Tennessee border that is in an extended network. Everything else all the way through Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana was in the Verizon Network and perfect!

(I did a whole Facebook picture/diary of the trip. It was tons of fun and the facebook "friends" LOVED it!)

Upvote 0
With the Droid, every day is like Christmas morning. I wake up and there's application updates or new/recently discovered features to be had. I've been very actively personalizing my Droid since launch, and just today I decided to see "what's new."

1) Installed the 2.1 Gallery, Music app, Dock app, Genie widget, home screen, N1 boot screen, wallpapers, ringtones and notification sounds without rooting / installing 2.1. Didn't care much for the home replacement, but the rest fit right in.

2) Left Home++ for the stock 2.0.1 home. I must say it's much improved since 2.0, and I'm slowly getting re-accustomed to 3 screens. The performance boost over Home++ is astounding.

3) Guess this one doesn't count as something discovered today, but I was recently shocked that I was able to record a good quality vid outside at night with poor lighting and get a great result (recorded the Travis Pastrana jump on New Years. on a side note, there were 2 other Droid owners to my left and my right, and a 3rd one at the club I attended later that evening)

4) Read up on the Nexus, and found it's basically a T-mobile keyboardless Droid, only a "wee-bit better." That only makes me happier about my purchase.

Upvote 0
Love it. In the last few days on vacation Ive used espn radio to catch the end of a game we lost coming over the pass (while navigating), used pdanet to help me submit a critical file for work when I had no internet access, looked up ski conditions and restaurants and you tube clips of videos people were trying to describe, and yes, even made same calls.

Upvote 0
Oh happy daaaaaaaaay

Do you like polls?
A) yes polls are better than sex!
B) no, polls are the Devil's tools and the third sign of the rapture.
C) a poll bankrupted me, foreclosed on my house, gave me a venereal disease and didn't even call me.
ROFL:D
C'mon, OP! This thread is like walking into a church asking if everybody loves Jesus!*

PC Disclaimer: Randomly selected religion and it's associated building of worship selected for illustration purposes only.

Upvote 0
Don't get me wrong I think it is one of the best phones on the market, but I am having voice clarity problems with mine. Muffled, or compression issues. I have tried everything the forum has recommended and does not work. I am going to Verizon in an hour and see if they will replace it with another one. Hope that works, but until my phone is a phone I cannot be happy with it.
FYI: I tried a test last night on the home answering machine. I have a fairly deep voice and the phone never seems to sound good, so I put my wife on (Her voice is not as deep as mine:p) and she sounded a lot better. I think there is a problem with the way it handles bass tones in the mic.:thinking:

Anyway that's my two cents.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones