Happy with Root!!

Last Updated:

1. Gavilaaar

Gavilaaar Member This Topic's Starter

Rooted my x10i today. I must say I'm very impressed.

It was very easy to root in the end. Just had to follow the instructions real carefully and like all men, I generally don't like instructions.

I was very impressed by the ui and the 7!!!!!! Home screens.

Just need to do some more research now so I can use my NEW phone to its full potential

Advertisement
  2. kimchi29

kimchi29 Member

what firmware did you flash it with?

3. powerkiter

powerkiter Well-Known Member

Im still debaiting on doing the root or not, the only things I'm really bothered about is getting the new update to help with the battery life, HD recordings and an update to a newer OS version.

So unless they crack the boot loader before Sony comes out with there planed upgrades (haha laughed again at typing that) and the give us some cooked ROMs I might just leave it for a while.

Did you use the newer "part 4 folder" or just use the original?

4. Gavilaaar

Gavilaaar Member This Topic's Starter

It was flashed with R1FA020 with baseband number 1.0.42.

I used the new part 4. Apparently fixed a lot of bugs that was in the ROM. I just need to get my network settings back so I can play a bit more. I will try and get hold of some screen shots if I can but I'm sure xda have got some somewhere.

You can always re-flash if ur not happy with the outcome.

Btw, I love xda now lol

5. skimminstones

skimminstones Well-Known Member

Still not sure about doing this. Been reading a lot of posts with people with small niggly issues after rooting. The only thing i really want is the better battery life so think ill probably just hold off rooting for a while until some roms are out and then decide.

BTW you can get 7 home screens just by installing a different launcher like helix, adw etc

6. geraerb

geraerb Member

Hello,

I also rooted my phone and I it might be a little bit better then before.
    However I personally think that it is not worth the effort since the performance increase is not really noticable.

The biggest advantage is that you can delete or uninstall programs you don't actually need.
    Meaning also the stuff from SE and from branding.

If you want more improved performance you should flash the R2BA020 firmware to you're phone. The root firmware is "only" the R1EA018.

And yes, the home app is just the standard ADW-launcher wich you can install from the market. So everybody can have 7 (or more) homescreens.

Best Regards

Bert