• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Haptic feedback after firmware update

Hello all!

I have just updated to the latest firmware for Samsung Galaxy S3.
All good so far, except for one issue.

The firmware update seems to have caused my device to ignore one of my power saving settings, specifically haptic feedback.

I have haptic feedback turned off in my power saving settings, because I need to conserve my battery as long as I can for work-related texts and emails.
However, since the update, the keys, when writing a text or email, every touch of the keypad vibrates.

I have checked my power saving settings, haptic feedback is turned OFF in my settings.
I have restarted the device and I have disabled the power saving settings and re-enabled them. No difference.

Haptic feedback seems to drain a lot of the battery, so I'd much prefer it to be turned off, considering how often I need to use my device for work.

So, to conclude, short and sweet, haptic feedback is turned off on my device, but since the latest firmware update that setting is being ignored - the keypad in my text messages and emails has haptics.

Any advice?
Thank you. :eek:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones