Haptic feedback on Sense UI with 2.1General

Last Updated:

1. kuduboet

kuduboet Member This Topic's Starter

Maybe I am missing something obvious, but my wife is convinced she had haptic feedback and sound on her Sense UI for things like HTC speed dial selections, but she says it's gone since I put 2.1 on it. I know where the haptic settings are under settings -> sound & display -> Haptic feedback but that still doesn't change it on the Sense UI. I hope I am making sense, hopefully someone can help. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Rubik76

Rubik76 Well-Known Member

Settings > Language and Keyboard > Touch Input > Text Input > Other Settings > Vibrate when typing / Sound when typing

3. kuduboet

kuduboet Member This Topic's Starter

That's on already so that's not it, but thanks for trying to to help.

4. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

settings > sound & display > audible touch tones.
    That'll get part of it back, I don't remember where the haptic is that controls the phone buttons.

5. BlueDC2

BlueDC2 Well-Known Member

If your having trouble getting it, try the app 'Spare Parts'. There is a box that says: Haptic feedback; Use haptic feedback with user interaction. See if that's checked after you install it. If it isn't, check it and let us know how it works out for you.

6. Nunley

Nunley Well-Known Member

I noticed a marked difference in the feedback with 1.5 vs 2.1. It's softer in 2.1 and less obvious for navigation and keyboard. I usually turn it off anyhow but that was my observation.

7. Chopstick2U

Chopstick2U Well-Known Member

Best new haptic feature in 2.1 is the vibration once you've pressed long enough to trigger a "long press." That would include speed dialing, long-pressing on the softkeys, and contextual menus. I'm not even sure if you can turn it off, but I never would.